Email Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did, now I get a few here and there, I can live with that - Thx

Also if you click that same gear and choose preferences. You should see "Email options". Uncheck the three options and that may rid you of the rest of the unwanted emails.

Chris

I finally checked my junk folder and there they were. 26 of them, all from the "do not reply" address. I checked my preferences and everything was checked except
"always email watched thread notifications". Not sure what that means but I checked it.
I must be dumb because I don't see any way to tell Outlook that it's a good address.
I guess it's not a big deal but I hate to have to check my junk folder every time I check the mail.
I can always log in to the site I guess but I don't normally do that regularly.

Google "Outlook filtering emails" you should see something similar to this:

Man that's a long link

Chris
Not going to happen. SMF mail is all that my junk folder contained and I'm not going to start jacking with my computer settings because they're having a problem.
I'll just get by without emails until they figure it out.

Not going to happen. SMF mail is all that my junk folder contained and I'm not going to start jacking with my computer settings because they're having a problem.
I'll just get by without emails until they figure it out.

Exactly!
Then you make changes & it doesn't do any good, because you never changed anything to screw it up in the first place. Then they fix whatever the real problem is, and yours still doesn't work, because you made changes to what worked perfectly, before Spring Cleaning.

Bear

I got some email alerts today, but I'm not going to jump the gun & brag about it yet. LOL

Bear

I started getting emails today for the the first time in weeks... still crossing my fingers :emoji_wink:

I just started getting them 30 minutes ago. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for all of the tireless work.

OK Guys, I don't know if it matters, but now that I'm getting email alerts, I'm wondering why the number of alerts on my list keeps going up. It used to go back to zero, after I looked at them. What can I do to make them go away.
Check the screen shot below:
Bear
Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 10.10.19 AM.png

John, click on the gear in the upper right hand corner and choose preferences. There's a whole slew of Alert options that you can toggle on/off. It's down near the bottom.

Also about midway down there's an option to increase/decrease the number of responses to a watched thread before it lumps them into one alert.

Chris

Reactions: MJB05615
It used to be it gave only one per thread until you looked at it . That way you didn't get 10 at a time for the same thread .
Mine seemed to be defaulted at 5 whether I had any or not .
I've actually turned mine off , but still getting them .

John, click on the gear in the upper right hand corner and choose preferences. There's a whole slew of Alert options that you can toggle on/off. It's down near the bottom.

Must be too technical to me. I understand most of them, but I don't see any change I could make that would stop that number from increasing. Now 114

Bear

And try lowering the Summarizing similar alerts to 2 or 3 instead of 6 or whatever number yours is set to.

Chris

One last thing(well maybe not). Don't forget to click save at the bottom of the page. Then you may also have to refresh your screen for the changes to take effect.

Chris

One last thing(well maybe not). Don't forget to click save at the bottom of the page. Then you may also have to refresh your screen for the changes to take effect.

Chris

Yup---Almost forgot, but did both. 119 now.
I don't think it really matters, but I like to know how may new ones are there.
I mean it's not like that number is going to get to 242 & everything blows up!!!:emoji_scream_cat::emoji_radioactive:

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky