Electric smoker alternative

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Tile backer board is not as hazardous as the Hardie board siding. Most of the hazard is in the cutting for the released silica.

If you put it on the interior what does that do to your racks?
I think there is a lot of space between the walls and the racks. The rack ends will take some of the space. Here is an old pic I took.
PXL_20220220_182450897.jpg
There is a support piece across the side that is over 1/2" and the rack sticks out even further.

I will look up tile backer board.

Ringer Ringer , normanaj normanaj , Fueling Around Fueling Around the

I looked at the data sheet that was entered yesterday and see that it is for a very different product then I thought I mentioned. I can't find any reference to how this product is dangerous, other then the person who cuts it.

Hardie Backer board
I have used this in a non cooking application. Do any of you have a reference where this product is a hazard?

Reactions: SmokinEdge
In NW MN, Hardie board is what we call siding or exterior building products.
Light weight concrete (cement) tile backer board is simply backer board. We don't add the trademarked Hardie.

indaswamp indaswamp has a great plan to line with flashing. Aluminum that is and not galvanized steel

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky