1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Eggplant Parm on the grill

Discussion in 'Veggies' started by tropics, Jun 2, 2018.

1. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru ★ Lifetime Premier ★

We love eggplant so with the nicer weather,why turn the oven on.My Weber Spirit holds temp really well.
    Eggplant all ready
    100_6964.JPG
    Garlic Bread
    100_6969.JPG
    Had the eggplant covered for the first 1/2 hr.
    Opened up and put the bread on
    100_6972.JPG
    15 minutes later ready to serve
    100_6973.JPG
    Time to eat
    100_6974.JPG
    Thanks for watching
    Richie

gmc2003, chopsaw, kit s and 2 others like this.
  2. xray

xray Smoking Fanatic

Looks good Richie! You’re right, why heat up the house if you don’t need to. Once the weather warms, I cook pretty much everything on the grill and use cast iron pans if needed.

Say, did you ever try smoking eggplant parm? After all, a smoker is pretty much an oven with smoke?

3. tropics

Joe I never tried but kit s did the kettle fried so I may try that with some smoke.Thanks for the like I appreciate it.
    Richie

kit s likes this.
  4. Richie your looks really delicious....might have to grill like I did and then go you style on finishing up the Parmesan. I just heat some Marmara sauce in a pan
    I did do some last night. But this time I melted mozzarella on top.
    003.JPG
    Heated pork by using sous vide ...heated to 160 for 2:30 hours.
    Kit

5. WaterinHoleBrew

WaterinHoleBrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Nice looking meal buddy!

6. tropics

Kit It does sound doable and I can make it easier smoke the cheese.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
    Richie

7. tropics

Justin my friend Thank You one of the easier ones but tasty.I make a few of them treys so I can freeze for a fast meal.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
    Richie

8. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

That looks mighty good Richie, When in season I love eggplant and parmesan is the way to go. How does it hold up to freezing and reheating? I've never tried it - always thought it would get to soggy.

Point for sure.

Chris

9. tropics

Chris we freeze them all the time,take them out thaw into the oven.The breading always gets soft from the sauce.Thanks for the Point I appreciate it
    Richie