Edmonton, Alberta - Lumberjack Pellets Group Buy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Live_Laugh_Smoke

Original poster
Mar 19, 2018
Hi there,
As us in Edmonton, Alberta cannot get good quality pellets locally or even 100% flavor wood, I've contacted several of the distributors in Canada and have found that when buying a full pallet of Lumberjack pellets, we can all get a substantial discount.

A full pallet would consist of 50 - 40lb bags, and with shipping will be around $1300 for the lot. (That's $26 per 40lb bag!).

So not only cheaper per bag, but also better quality and flavor.

Please PM me with interest, I'll update the post with quantity as progressed.

Thanks!

Dang that's still seems high.
I grabbed a few bags at a store called rule king. At 9 bucks per 20 pound bag. Maybe it's more because you're in Canada?

Well....there is the exchange rate, and there is shipping........
At your $9/20lb bag = $18/40lb bag = $23.53 CAD/40lb bag + shipping @ Approx $250 CAD = TOTAL $28.53 CAD/40lb bag........seems pretty good to me.

(note that the cheapest ANY pellets can be bought in this region is $1 CAD/lb

Problem still remains, can't get them here, and literally no pellets in Edmonton are 100% flavor wood.

Gotcha. Yeah that's a pretty good deal. Sorry was at work when I posted the first time and really had my attention elsewhere.
Have you used lumberjack pellets before? I got 3 bags to try them out . Haven't had a chance to try them but everyone seems to love them

Last edited:
Hey ya...no worries. I've done a lot of research and those that use them swear by them....problem is I don't even have an outlet close by and it would cost me around $100 to drive and close to the same for shipping...next choice is to recomend local distributors to the manufacture which I've done or to buy a pallet....which leads me here to try a group buy.

I'm willing to drop $200 on pellets to stock up and save....hope maybe there are others that feel the same.

For the meantime, I'm stuck using a smoker tube and sawdust to get 100% the flavor wood I want....which is less than ideal to say the least.

As of now, it would just be us. I think we need at least a couple more to get to the mid $200's.
Are you ok with waiting a bit?

There are possible 3 others from work that would be interested. That brings total to 7 if you guys are still in.

Excellent, I think we have enough people!
I'll PM everyone interested and get a list compiled and report back. I'm quite excited for high quality pellets at a fraction of the price. I have tried the Lumberjack pellets, (obviously lol) and they do make a huge difference!

Cheers!

Hey guys, I setup a shared spreadsheet so we can mark what flavors each person wants. I marked down the username of those that has said them and others as 1, 2, 3, etc.

Please visit:

Last edited:
All orders are in, will be contacting supply company this week to get a final price with all shipping and tax factored in.

Thanks everyone

OK guys, some good and bad news. The good, is the final shipping cost was exactly as estimated in first conversations @ $249 (250 was estimated). I'll be posting an order invoice to show all the pricing.

The bad news is they don't have all the flavors. They mentioned they used to carry a lot of the 100% flavors, but customers have come back stating they were too strong when they were used to using other brands we can get up here, and have since went back to lumberjack blends. I've updated the spreadsheet above to show flavors that are unavailable by hi-lighting red, so those that picked these flavors will have to re-select. Can you guys re-select and report back?

Sorry for the inconvenience, still tons cheaper than anything else we can get and still better quality.

Just was wondering if anyone has some extra bags they want to sell or if another order is possible really hard to find unless you want to drive 5 hours plus. If any interest let me know

just wanted say that jb sausage in Saskatoon sask. They have lumberjack pellets

Pellets are in.
Pls pm me to arrange payment and pickup.
I've uploaded the invoice and will update the spreadsheet for cost including gst

Attachments

• Invoice 2017_1067164.pdf
    144.2 KB · Views: 35
Just was wondering if anyone has some extra bags they want to sell or if another order is possible really hard to find unless you want to drive 5 hours plus. If any interest let me know
I know the feeling, that's why I organized this. sorry to hear your too late on this one. I'll reach out on the next one for sure.

Cheers!

Hi there,
As us in Edmonton, Alberta cannot get good quality pellets locally or even 100% flavor wood, I've contacted several of the distributors in Canada and have found that when buying a full pallet of Lumberjack pellets, we can all get a substantial discount.

A full pallet would consist of 50 - 40lb bags, and with shipping will be around $1300 for the lot. (That's $26 per 40lb bag!).

So not only cheaper per bag, but also better quality and flavor.

Please PM me with interest, I'll update the post with quantity as progressed.

Thanks!
Hey there just wondering if you have placed an order yet for the lumberjack pellets? I would also be interested living in Edmonton.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky