• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

EDITING MY THREAD TITLES

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
I am on this site to learn, share and take my mind off the worlds problems. I refuse to be on Facebook and all the other BS social media crap. I have never had issues on SMF at all. But here lately somebody with to much time on their hands has been jacking with the titles of my post. Starting to piss me off and if it happens again I am out of here. So if I suddenly disappear from this site you know why. I really hope this person will find someone else to piss off and leave my threads alone.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
Does whomever modified your thread leave you a message saying they did so?

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 1, 2016
I am on this site to learn, share and take my mind off the worlds problems. I refuse to be on Facebook and all the other BS social media crap. I have never had issues on SMF at all. But here lately somebody with to much time on their hands has been jacking with the titles of my post. Starting to piss me off and if it happens again I am out of here. So if I suddenly disappear from this site you know why. I really hope this person will find someone else to piss off and leave my threads alone.
I haven’t had this happen but I can understand your frustration. I’m sure Brian will get to the bottom of this for you. I hope you stick around I enjoy your post.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Modifying title or moving the thread?

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Contact Brian---He can fix it !! bmudd14474 bmudd14474
I didn't know anybody could mess with another Members Title or Text.

Bear

chilerelleno

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Well okiedokie... The question is it the Mods or is your account compromised?
Damned curious isn't it.
Hate to see ya leave, ya have good stuff to share.

pops6927

Gone but never forgotten.
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 23, 2008
I modified that thread title, and moved it, as there was pork added into the meatloaf as well as Bison, and moved it into General Discussion as it was a combination of two different meats, and was put into the Beef forum. Had it been just Bison, it should have gone into wild game, but because it was mixed with pork, it was appropriate to go into General Discussion. But, I apologize for any discomfort this made for you and it won't happen again, and I resign as a Moderator.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 16, 2007
I modified that thread title, and moved it, as there was pork added into the meatloaf as well as Bison, and moved it into General Discussion as it was a combination of two different meats, and was put into the Beef forum. Had it been just Bison, it should have gone into wild game, but because it was mixed with pork, it was appropriate to go into General Discussion. But, I apologize for any discomfort this made for you and it won't happen again, and I resign as a Moderator.
Pops, sorry to learn of your resignation. I sincerely appreciate all the info you shared on the forum. Thank you for that.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.