Eating Charcoal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Welcome! Looks like you are getting a lot of help with your project, so I'm gonna go off ona little side-bar... Where in Germany are you? I grew up on a now closed AF base called Bitburg and my son is now stationd over there. The Germans are known for their smoked meats but not for their BBQ. I miss the old country and go back as often as I can. Have fun, and thanks for your service!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

welcome aboard, glad you joined us @ smf.

all i have to say is do not get discouraged, the dogs in the neighborhood eat well when i first started. they still do when i try some new things. keep pluggin' away, toubleshootin' and asking uestions. i promise you will soon be makin better que than you could ever buy.

Good luck

Welcome aboard! I use a small red potatoe to hold my probes at the grate. Does your rub have a lot of sugar...particularly white sugar? If so it will burn even at lower temps. A lot of us use demurara or some other type of sugar to avoid the burn.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky