Easy to Make Potatoe Latkes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
I have rarely made latkes, because of the time & effort it requires to prep the potatoes. Usually you have to peel, grate, and dry the spuds before you can even begin to cook. But now they have these dehydrated hash browns in little 1/2 pint sized milk cartons that make the prep a snap. They come in several brands, but look like this:

Recipe:

1 carton of dehydrated hash browns

2 eggs, whisked

4 T. flour

2 t. Kosher salt

1/2 t. ground black pepper

2 T. butter

Sour cream

chives, fresh or dehydrated

Rehydrate the hash browns according to instructions on package, drain thoroughly and press between 2 paper towels. There should be little, if any, water left. Mix in bowl with whisked eggs, flour, salt, and pepper.

Melt butter in frying pan over medium heat. You can add a little vegetable or canola oil to the butter to keep it from browning, if you like. Spoon about 2 heaping tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and flatten down. I got 4 to fit easily in a regular sized frying pan. Brown for 2 minutes or to your liking, and then turn for about a minute or two more. 

Remove to a plate lined with a paper towel, then plate with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with chives.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
drool.gif
 My plate please! It looks very tasty!

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky