Easy Monday night dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2016
Central Pennsylvania
Wife texted and asked if I could pick up pizza because she didn’t have time to make dinner. I said chicken sounded better and then she could eat it. She has food allergies and follows a strict diet. Pizza is not on her short list of things she can eat.

I stopped at the local grocery store on my way home from work and grabbed a pack of chicken legs and a pack of chicken thighs. Got home from work and started some coals then went inside to hear about her day. Then back out to the garage to my chargriller. Added the coals and some hickory and apple wood then on goes the chicken. Chicken was spritzed with apple cider vinegar and sprinkled with salt.
Nothing fancy just chicken, vinegar and salt grilled with a touch of smoke.

Chargriller was running 275-300

1CCC4129-E754-48CE-8CC9-005212ADEDC1.jpeg

I used my weed burner to crisp the skin.

2C495C48-4D36-4479-8703-8D16CE705EC4.jpeg

Skin is crispy

290E3497-1D59-459A-9279-56A2FC04CCA6.jpeg

Chicken is ready.

D03517D9-8A49-4D46-940E-BAA599944B1B.jpeg

My 10 year old daughter made the salad and Mac and cheese for sides. She baked bread on her own yesterday (bragging a bit)

5C441AB9-B3CB-46E9-BF28-9121AA08C8A0.jpeg

Thanks for looking

Damn good looking meal. Gotta love homemade bread.

Chicken looks great! Whole plate looks great actually! My daughter always wants to help too but she’s only 5 so I usually let her help mix stuff and get stuff pre-done. Can’t beat it...makes my day

Yup sure is some fine looking vittles there.

Warren

Thanks Warren

Never thought of using a Tiger Torch to crisp up the skin. Learn something new every day.

It actually works really good you just have to be careful you don’t end up with crispy burnt skin.

Good looking dinner. Nicely done!

Thanks old sarge.

Chicken looks great! Whole plate looks great actually! My daughter always wants to help too but she’s only 5 so I usually let her help mix stuff and get stuff pre-done. Can’t beat it...makes my day

Thanks SmokinVolFan.
I figure if a child is interested we need to keep them interested by allowing them to help. Sure beats them playing video games.

Nice looking meal, chicken looks perfect Peachey.

Point for sure.
Chris

Looks like a great meal peachey, nice work. I got to try your vinegar spritz, I've never heard of that before but I bet it would be good.

Looks like a great meal peachey, nice work. I got to try your vinegar spritz, I've never heard of that before but I bet it would be good.

Thanks Dan. We really like the vinagar on chicken. Before my wife development the food allergies I would mix melted butter with the vinegar.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky