Early Birthday Present from the wife...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rpphoto

Original poster
Oct 31, 2012
San Fran Bay Area , California
Well I guess my wife saw me looking, and decided to surprise me with an early birthday present ...

nc_ohc=9mSq59YYcMAAX-ZVSxv&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-1.jpg

did the burn off early this morning, now im seasoning the grates .... and then onto the christening dinner...

nc_ohc=N7UVxvDS1UgAX_gQu52&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-1.jpg nc_ohc=Px9hHxs2vhoAX_XzcGO&_nc_ht=scontent.fsac1-1.jpg

....still have my MB Propane Vert Smoker , and now this one .... gonna be a fun fun summer...

Very nice congrats and have a great Birthday

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! Lots of people have been asking questions about those lately so we're all looking forward to some reviews !

Happy birthday. I got a 560 for a birthday present last year. You’ll love the grill. It’s just so easy to fire it up and cook on it.

Now I assume you can mix wood chunks in with the fuel source ??

Enjoy the new toy ...
Yes. No soaking. Just mix it right in there with either your lump or briquettes. I also start of with a couple of chunks in the ash bin. The burning coals fall down and you get smoke from there as well. I usual just do the ash bin at the beginning of the cook to get a little extra smoke when the meat is more receptive to it. Remember that if you put the wood in with the charcoal it will be there next time if you don’t use all your fuel. I didn’t think about it and wound up with burgers with a surprisingly large smoke ring and taste for the amount of time they were on the grill. A pleasant accident I plan on replicating from here on.

I'd wish you a Happy Birthday but your Wife saw that you DID have a Happy Birthday, already! Enjoy the new toy...JJ

Very nice! I picked one of those up last weekend as a birthday + father's day present. Did some chickens last week, going with a smoked fire roasted salsa recipe I saw here, and some burgers for dinner.

What's your first smoke?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky