E-mail verifications

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Over 10 times today I had to verify my e-mail. Now I'm getting insufficient privileges to respond to threads. The latest was to Bears vets recognition post. What's going on?

It's not happening to me so you should be careful someone isn't trying to steal your info. I don't know if you've noticed but hundreds of "new members" join here every week. Most say from Vietnam. Usually under some company name or gambling and even sex. Should be a way to keep bots and bad actors from joining but what do I know. Anyways things like that make me feel uneasy.

Couple good examples here. This goes on every hour all day
Screenshot_20220528_182914.png
Screenshot_20220528_184347.png

This was just in last 45min

Steve I don't see anything in your account that should cause this. Maybe try cleaning the cache and see if it goes away.
Jake your right about the spammers I spend a lot of time banning them and it never stops.

Reactions: Steve H
Steve I don't see anything in your account that should cause this. Maybe try cleaning the cache and see if it goes away.
Jake your right about the spammers I spend a lot of time banning them and it never stops.
Thank you for that Jerry. I try to report them when I see them but it's alot!

Mine started this yesterday Steve and yes it's a real pain ....
Tried to post about it then but gave up.

Keith

Thanks, I cleared history and cookies this morning. Hasn't came back yet. Thanks for checking.

Well it's back again. Have prove 3 times this morning that I am NOT a robot 🤖
But I am a fan of "Lost In Space'🤣

Keith

None of that here, yet, but right now I'm up to 487 in my alerts list. New Record for me.
My Thanks to Piney for getting rid of "Ho Chi Minh" City again.
Maybe we should have buried him deeper.

Just tell them to "Didi Mao" !!!

Bear

Reactions: 912smoker
What are these spammers seeking trying to create fake accounts here? Don't they know the info and recipes are free? :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: 912smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky