E-mail verifications

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
What are these spammers seeking trying to create fake accounts here? Don't they know the info and recipes are free? :emoji_laughing:

Personal information. Once they have enough personal info on someone they'll start targeting you with the "Too good to be true" offers, or try and steal your identity. I've noticed on my facebook account. That if I reply to certain threads "say a question about a Kamado type smoker". Then I'll start seeing advertisements for that type of smoker on my facebook page. It's almost immediatly after my reply.

I have all email notification turned off and I'm not getting any. So that's working. Also my alerts are working perfectly.

Chris

Reactions: 912smoker
What are these spammers seeking trying to create fake accounts here? Don't they know the info and recipes are free? :emoji_laughing:
99% of them post links to a lot of shady sites. Pretty much anything you can think of they have put up links to it. It would shock you to see how many I ban a day

It's back bad today. Over a dozen times I've had to reconfirm my E-mail address.

It's back bad today. Over a dozen times I've had to reconfirm my E-mail address.
That's just plain wrong and weird.
Maybe you have an "extension" that's messing with something, try turning off all extensions. Do you have "keep me logged in" checked when you log in?

Actually, this site had me locked out for almost 5 years with the "confirm email thing", then one day (probably after a site software update) I logged in and no problems since. I couldn't even post to tell anyone I was locked out.

That's just plain wrong and weird.
Maybe you have an "extension" that's messing with something, try turning off all extensions. Do you have "keep me logged in" checked when you log in?

Actually, this site had me locked out for almost 5 years with the "confirm email thing", then one day (probably after a site software update) I logged in and no problems since. I couldn't even post to tell anyone I was locked out.
My son. Who's a computer nerd tried that. I never check the keep me logged in. After he turned off the extensions. And I deleted the history and cookies. It was fine for a few days. Thanks for the tip though.

Reactions: eaglewing
My son. Who's a computer nerd tried that. I never check the keep me logged in. After he turned off the extensions. And I deleted the history and cookies. It was fine for a few days. Thanks for the tip though.
Okay cool, you're lucky tho, it kept telling me to check my email but it NEVER sent one in 5 years at about 50 tries... then all of a sudden. :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky