Dusted off the stick burner for a run today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tbrtt1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
I hadn't used the stick burner in quite a while and I think it was getting jealous. She is just a cheapo Old Country Pecos, but as long as it is not too cold I can get good Q out of it.

Aside from some wood issues in the beginning, it went pretty well. Seems I get some wood that is still a bit green. I laid down a nice bed lit charcoal and put on a couple large oak splits and they hissed like a couple of Tom Cats in a steel cage match. After a bit I pulled them and put them in my kettle to see if I could pre burn and use later. I had another batch of dry oak and pecan and threw some splits on and I was on my way.

SLC ribs and I cut off the small bit of tips as I realized I had none in the freezer last night when I was thinking about what beans I would make for a side. Salted then last night and put some no salt rub on this morning. Tips in the background.
upload_2019-1-19_22-29-10.jpeg

A full smoker is a happy smoker:
upload_2019-1-19_22-30-14.jpeg

I must say, its hard to beat a stick burner for ribs. Just something about it.
upload_2019-1-19_22-31-40.jpeg
upload_2019-1-19_22-31-40.jpeg

This meal called for the fine china. Black beans and some dirty rice for sides. Homemade sauce. Aside from screwing up the chicken skin (cooked at too low of a temp) it was a good day. Fat-n-happy.
upload_2019-1-19_22-32-43.jpeg
upload_2019-1-19_22-32-43.jpeg

Those ribs look juicy, nicely done. I'd even wash that fine china in exchange for a plate at your table.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky