Duroc Lomo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
Made a Spanish style Lomo and a Lonzino out of a whole Duroc loin. Lomo finished first as it was slightly smaller. Lonzino should be done shortly.

Here we are at 35% loss.

20231117_173836.jpg

Couple shots after removing the casing and mold.

20231117_174444.jpg

20231117_175229.jpg

Very nice texture and flavor. I figured the mix of both Dulce and Picante papkrika would be a bit more flavor forward, but it worked quite nicely. Not overpowering. Gonna vac seal and let it rest for a few.

20231117_175335.jpg

Happy Sunday and thanks for looking, Lonzino coming soon.

Looks really good! I made some umai salumi about a year ago and just ate more of it not long ago. But with all you have been doing I'm really getting the itch again!

Ryan

Very nice. I'll bet that's tasty. How long did 35% loss take?

I think right about 6 weeks without going back to my notes. I know I started teh cure sometime late September.

Looks really good! I made some umai salumi about a year ago and just ate more of it not long ago. But with all you have been doing I'm really getting the itch again!

Ryan
Thanks. I'm waiting on a few things to finish and now with this new grinder I'm probably going out of control soon. Get some!

That is a very nice sliced pic. I could go for a few slices of that right there.

David
It tastes way better than it looks!
Nice work there. Looks great.
Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky