Duck snack sticks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steelheadmike

Original poster
Oct 28, 2010
It's been a while since I've posted but I wanted to share my duck stick smoke. I started with about 4lb of wild duck breasts which I ground. Then I added about 3lbs of 80/20 beef. After weighing the combined meats I added seasonings and tender quick. I used a combination of spices from Nepa's and bearcarver's recipes. Then they were stuffed into 21mm collagen casings and into the fridge for 24hrs. Here's they are after the fridge:
qyzyhanu.jpg

And into the smoker. 3.5 hrs at 135-140 with smoke and then 4 hrs at 175 until IT of 155.
ugabehas.jpg

Out of the smoker to cool than into the fridge.
ehyja3uh.jpg

Then cut up and sealed. Money shot:
yze2ezyb.jpg

One problem sort of I had was the the casings didn't bond to the meat real well. I ended up peeling off the casings from all the sticks. I actually liked them this way. Any ideas?

It's been a while since I've posted but I wanted to share my duck stick smoke. I started with about 4lb of wild duck breasts which I ground. Then I added about 3lbs of 80/20 beef. After weighing the combined meats I added seasonings and tender quick. I used a combination of spices from Nepa's and bearcarver's recipes. Then they were stuffed into 21mm collagen casings and into the fridge for 24hrs. Here's they are after the fridge:
qyzyhanu.jpg

And into the smoker. 3.5 hrs at 135-140 with smoke and then 4 hrs at 175 until IT of 155.
ugabehas.jpg

Out of the smoker to cool than into the fridge.
ehyja3uh.jpg

Then cut up and sealed. Money shot:
yze2ezyb.jpg

One problem sort of I had was the the casings didn't bond to the meat real well. I ended up peeling off the casings from all the sticks. I actually liked them this way. Any ideas?

You can make them skinless

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/95395/unstuffed-smoked-beef-pepperoni-sticks-with-qview

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky