Drying casings with a fan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wesir

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 28, 2014
Greenwood, IN
If I want to dry casings with a fan prior to a smoke is it possible to overdo it? I have a basic frame to hang my snack sticks from when I'm cutting them to length and was thinking I could toss a cheap box fan on top facing downwards to dry them, probably do the same for bacon.

I run a fan on mine all the time prior to smoking. Say for 15 to 30 minutes. That gets them pretty dry and I then also put them in the oven for 30 minutes at 140 degrees on convection with the door cracked to let out moisture. While that’s happening I get the smoker ready to go. The sticks go in the smoker dry after those steps.

Reactions: wesir
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky