Dry Ribs - I think I like them now

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I did foiled ribs for years and went to dry ribs a couple of months ago. I'll never go back. I do dry rub and spritz with a peach and cherry flavored dry rub and spritz. Many times I'll eat these without saucing because the flavor is already there.

I'm a big fan of spare ribs. Oh man, ever since I learned to smoke them myself, next to brisket, it's my favorite thing to smoke.
When I started, I used the 3-2-1 method. After the first couple smokes, I tried them without foiling them. I found that works just as well, and saves on some Labor.
I definely prefer to cook them neked and dry.
Looks good!

Last edited:
Great looking ribs! Wrapped ribs seem more like pulled pork to me. Another thing you can try is rotisserie ribs for another interesting taste.

I never wrap my pork ribs! I like mine the way you did yours. Nice cook/ Like

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky