Drums & Thighs (Ninja Made)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great as always Bear. I was standing there the other day looking at the Emirl 360 air fryer and thinking I might have to unload that to get a Ninja. too many people here showcasing them so they must be a great tool. Still pondering it but it's a possibility.

Robert

Still killin it Bear wink

Thank You !!
Appreciate that.

Bear

Nice Bear!

I'm losing my mind waiting for the new Ninja.My first cook is going to be some type of chicken and onion rings.The thing is so big heck it'll be wings and thighs!

Thank You Norm!!
On that chicken, I found it better without breading, like in my Step by Steps. Don't crowd them.
Have fun & Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That Ninja makes some great lookin bbq chicken . Nice work bud .

Yup, Thanks!!
It's actually hard to believe how good the Chicken comes out through this "Ninja Smart Grill"!!
Appreciate that.

Bear

We've had an air fryer for a few years and did some OK wings in the past in it. The wife decided to buy the new Ninja 2 basket air fryer and it's coming next week. I'm definitely going to try this Bear, thanks!

Looks great, I have asked myself why dont we eat more turkey dressing and cranberry sauce, It goes right out of my mind when I think of a supper, quick it aint but danged good it is.

Yup---Especially when it's something you like. And I love cranberry sauce!
It doesn't get any easier than Cranberry Sauce! LOL
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Last edited:
I missed this yesterday John. Looks great as usual. The color you get from that Ninja steals the show! And I agree, why can't we have stuffing or other Turkey related things with Chicken, or pork chops? The second night when you nuke the meat, is it still juicy? I often get dry chicken the next day when reheating. Great work all around.

Thank You Mike!!
I don't usually get dry reheated chicken, but it could be that there is more moisture in them from the first cooking in the Ninja---Hot and Fast.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I'm a little late seeing this one John, that is one fine cook! The Ninja appears to do a great job on those bird parts, doesn't take much time either, RAY

Looks great as always Bear. I was standing there the other day looking at the Emirl 360 air fryer and thinking I might have to unload that to get a Ninja. too many people here showcasing them so they must be a great tool. Still pondering it but it's a possibility.

Robert

Thank You Robert !!
I used to get Great cooks with my #360, but it wasn't made near as good as this Ninja.
My #360 had a skipping Rotisserie, the digital screen light was usually not working, the shell was paper-thin, and every time I used it, I had to first clean up the little puddles of oil on my countertop underneath it.
This Ninja has no problems I have noticed yet. It really seems to be made right !!
And we use it just about every day, since I can't do much else any more.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

We've had an air fryer for a few years and did some OK wings in the past in it. The wife decided to buy the new Ninja 2 basket air fryer and it's coming next week. I'm definitely going to try this Bear, thanks!

Thank You Pi guy!!!
I saw that "Ninja 2"---Pretty cool having 2 separate baskets.
I get a kick out of their ad picture though. They show that one drawer filled all the way up with Fries. You can't do that, and get them done properly.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I'm a little late seeing this one John, that is one fine cook! The Ninja appears to do a great job on those bird parts, doesn't take much time either, RAY

Thank You Ray!!
This Ninja is Amazing!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Thank You Pi guy!!!
I saw that "Ninja 2"---Pretty cool having 2 separate baskets.
I get a kick out of their ad picture though. They show that one drawer filled all the way up with Fries. You can't do that, and get them done properly.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear
We did wings in the Ninja 2 basket last night, though I neglected to get pics. Will for sure next time. Yeah, they tout filling the baskets all the way up. Says 4 lbs of wings - PER BASKET! Says it takes 65 minutes. No thanks.
I split it to about 1.5 lbs (maybe 15 pieces) per basket and it took a good 25-30 minutes. Came out great though!

We did wings in the Ninja 2 basket last night, though I neglected to get pics. Will for sure next time. Yeah, they tout filling the baskets all the way up. Says 4 lbs of wings - PER BASKET! Says it takes 65 minutes. No thanks.
I split it to about 1.5 lbs (maybe 15 pieces) per basket and it took a good 25-30 minutes. Came out great though!

Yup, I only do one layer at a time, of whatever I'm making, but it's just the 2 of us.
Everything gets done evenly then.
Most things I don't even have to flip halfway through.

Bear

Bear

Gave it a try. Halve sauced. Turned out good. Plated with patty pan squash and coleslaw. I used a coleslaw recipe from someone here but forgot to save recipe. Was really good.

20220727_142927.jpg 20220727_143558.jpg

Gave it a try. Halve sauced. Turned out good. Plated with patty pan squash and coleslaw. I used a coleslaw recipe from someone here but forgot to save recipe. Was really good.

Looks Great, Brian!!
Bet it tasted Mighty good !!
Gotta Love that Ninja!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky