Driving down to KC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sethc1020

Original poster
Jun 19, 2020
Taking my boys down this weekend for a Chiefs game. Will be in on Saturday and looking for the best BBQ in town. Anyone from around the area with suggestions?

Jack Stack's downtown was a higher end place for BBQ but it was really good. Beef ribs are money. I'd eat there again in a heartbeat.

For the real down & dirty deal you can't beat BBQ sold our of a gas station @ Joe's (AKA Oklahoma Joe's). We had to stand in line (many years ago) when we ate there and worth it!!! I'd also do that again - just good KC style BBQ.

I bet they're are at least a couple dozen others that are worth it as well. So many options, so little time...... We were only there 2 nights so we at as much BBQ as we could squeeze in:emoji_laughing:

I've also heard Authur Bryants is also top notch real KC BBQ

I think I'm leaning towards Joe's and maybe Jack Stacks, those burnt ends are sounding pretty damn good!

If KC is like Memphis....You can find dang good BBQ at every corner. Let us know what ya end up with. And of course pics are required. Enjoy the game with boys,
Jim

Another vote for Joe’s. The ribs and brisket are sooo good. Making me hungry and wanting to take another trip to KC just thinking about it.

Reactions: Sethc1020
Born and raised here in KC. If you want something special, and not what all the publications say you need to try, you must make a stop at Slap's in KCK, or even closer to the stadium, LC's BBQ.

Born and raised here in KC. If you want something special, and not what all the publications say you need to try, you must make a stop at Slap's in KCK, or even closer to the stadium, LC's BBQ.
Yeah thats what im looking for! I want to eat where the locals eat not where google says is good. I plan on hitting at least 2 different spots, from most people I've heard from in the area agree that Joes is legit so Im going to hit the 47st gas station. LCs looks pretty good as well and is close to the stadium so that may be my second but still considering Gates, Jack Stacks, & Arthur Bryants as I might possibly hit one more before I hit the highway home! Stacks looks to be a little more fancy than Im looking for, Bryants has been around forever and Ive heard some decent things about Gates so its still a toss up. Im sure they're all probably really good though. Im so Hungry right now just from talking about it!

Last edited:
Yeah thats what im looking for! I want to eat where the locals eat not where google says is good. I plan on hitting at least 2 different spots, from most people I've heard from in the area agree that Joes is legit so Im going to hit the 47st gas station. LCs looks pretty good as well and is close to the stadium so that may be my second but still considering Gates, Jack Stacks, & Arthur Bryants as I might possibly hit one more before I hit the highway home! Stacks looks to be a little more fancy than Im looking for, Bryants has been around forever and Ive heard some decent things about Gates so its still a toss up. Im sure they're all probably really good though. Im so Hungry right now just from talking about it!
Hope you enjoyed the BBQ. You sure as heck didn't enjoy the game. Hope the boys had a good time, though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky