Driving down to KC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hope you enjoyed the BBQ. You sure as heck didn't enjoy the game. Hope the boys had a good time, though.
Yeah sucks they lost but still had a blast with the boys, awesome stadium for sure! Went to Joes Saturday night and is was good but they were out of burnt ends which is really what I wanted. The line moved fairly quick but I noticed that the vast majority of people if not all were out of towners which didn't give me a good feeling. The BBQ was ok but not great, we were there late in the day so that probably didn't help. The Brisket was more or less shaved and not a decent cut slice, ribs were good but again not great, sausage was ok but nothing to write home about. They did have really good mac & cheese!

I really wanted to try Gates next but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to because we ended up driving back home after the game. The hotel we got was a complete dump! We booked on Priceline with one of their express deals and it was supposed to be a 3 star or better hotel with a pool and breakfast included. If I could have gave this hotel a rating it was be to just tear it down. Homeless people everywhere, people living out of it and hanging out in front, the ceiling looked like it had fell down before and they tried to hang it back up, burn holes in the blankets and the list goes on. I've stayed in some sketchy places before but this one ranks up there at the top, slept with my gun next to the bed! Needless to say there was no pool or breakfast ( not that we would have taken advantage of either ). Tried to get my money back for the second night but the guy suddendly didn't speak English anymore. Kids didn't feel comfortable there at all so we just drove home after the game.

Overall though it was great to spend some time with my boys and we still had a blast, made some good memories as well. (Im sure they will talk about that hotel and have some laughs long after Im gone LOL)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky