Dried Beef WSM style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Dried Beef for Cream of Beef AKA S.O.S 

Seen post by Bearcarver and checked some others on line,TQ was the easy way to go.Started off with 3 lbs 6 ozs. trimmed down to 2 lbs 6 ozs

Measured the proper amount of TQ in to the fridge for 18 days

Now some pics

Started the smoke at 7:00 A.M. temp was 150* guru holding it steady

After 2 hrs I raised the temp tp 160* temp went right up

Raised temp every hour no need for pics.Took 12 hours to reach 155* F IT

Took it in let it cool a few hrs. then to the fridge for 7 days

Sliced paper thin

Total weight after drying was 24 ozs. 8 packs 3 ozs each for SOS

Thanks for looking

Richie

Looks great Richie!

Better make more my boys will be over and finish all that off for you. SOS seems to be their most requested meal...

Looks Great, Richie!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

That little bit won't last long!!

I gotta check---I think I only have a couple little packs of Venison Dried Beef left. Just had one of my Favorite Sammies yesterday.

Nice Job!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Looks great Richie!

Better make more my boys will be over and finish all that off for you. SOS seems to be their most requested meal...
Case I think it was the only chow I liked when I was in LOL Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

Looks Great, Richie!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

That little bit won't last long!!

I gotta check---I think I only have a couple little packs of Venison Dried Beef left. Just had one of my Favorite Sammies yesterday.

Nice Job!!
icon14.gif

Bear
Bear thanks I hope it is as good as I remember,if it is I am sure that neglected MES 40 will be put to use in the winter.Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

Looks great Richie. Gonna make some real good sammies. It sure shrank when it dried.

POINTS!!!!

Gary
Gary I was amased with how much it dried in the fridge,the pic really shows Thanks for the points I appreciate it

Richie

Hey Richie, you get mine in the Mail ???       
Looks-Great.gif

points1.png

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky