Double Stacked Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BigW.

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2019
Nebraska
Working from home today so thought I'd clean out the freezer a bit. Grabbed several packs of beef short ribs from the freezer and thawed. Some are huge, others are tiny so it will be an interesting cook. Set up a half snake in the kettle and a dozen or so lit coals. Small mesquite chunks and we're off.

thumbnail.jpg

Ran out of room so needed the top tier. Start at 11:30. Will smoke for several hrs around 275. May end up in a pan after a few hrs to soften up and or hold the smaller chunks til the large ones are done.
thumbnail2.jpg

I forgot to mention that the spices are both of Jeff's rub for a 1, 2 punch. Kettle rolling along at about 275. 4 hours time to check. I knew some would get done sooner than I'd like. Maybe a mid afternoon snack?
kettle.jpg

201.jpg

171.jpg
166.jpg

The early ones are the chefs to eat right? Or at least thats what I tell my family. looking good thus far.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky