Double smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swind0gr

Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Hi, My name is Dennis and I live in Colorado. I just purchased a Bradley Smoker. I have had bacon in the past that was "double smoked." I am wondering how this was done and is it cold or hot smoking? Thanks for the help and this is a great site!

Hi Dennis, Welcome to SMF. I never heard of double smoked bacon. I would assume you would cold smoke the bacon seeing how you don't want to cook it during the smoke.

Joe

Hey Dennis,
Sorry , cant help you on the double smokin thing ,but I just got a Bradley Digital . Have you used yours yet ? Are your doin any good with it ? Keep me posted OK ? My inaugural will be next Sat.

Still don't know about that double smoked bacon. But since I cure and smoke my own, I can tell you that I just finished a deer roast with bacon. So it's basically double smoked. It tasted like bacon that was fresh off the smoker. Sorry I can't be of anymore help than that.

Welcome Dennis, glad to have you with us! I can't offer up any help with the double smoke, but I'm here in Superior (couple miles from Boulder) if you need help with anything else. During the cooler months ahead, find a nice spot in the sun for your smoker (when smoking), it helps keep smoking temps up...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky