Double smoked spiral ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clifish

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 25, 2019
Long Island, NY
Had a spiral sliced ham in the fridge that did not happen for Easter, having read Bearcarver Bearcarver write up on this I wanted to try it.
Got a spiral ham, no rub used but a bit of crushed black/white/red pepper no other pre-treatment
IMG_3899.jpg

Used a wire rack in a foil pan and into the smoker. I used the MES @ 270 with a 12" tube of cherry pellets so I would not have to baby sit all day.
IMG_3900.jpg

We had a busy day today, opened the pool on Tuesday, it was 61 degrees but very clean. Today was final vacuum so we could go in later.

IMG_3901.jpg

Chugging along in the smoker, basting it in the juice's occasionally.
IMG_3905.jpg

Time for a dip, got some cold ones to ease the pain of all the work.
IMG_3903.jpg

My favorite view from inside the pool, up to 84 deg (heater) bounced back and forth from the 97 deg hot tub and the pool.
IMG_3904.jpg

Pulled @142 deg

IMG_3906.jpg

Bonnie made a red bean and corn salad with fresh cilantro, basil and red wine vinegar for a pop.
IMG_3907.jpg

She also made fresh green beans sautéed with garlic, oil and toasted slivered almonds, we try not to use any canned veggies if we don't have too.
IMG_3908.jpg

Plated up with Dijon and some honey mustard.
IMG_3909.jpg

This was a really awesome, economical meal that I will be doing again. I opted out of using any glaze as it did not need it and did not want to add any additional sugar to the meal. The smoke flavor was great. We even got 5 additional meals from the left overs.
IMG_3910.jpg

Great looking plate Cliff.

Looks like you'r livin large with the pool and a hot tub.

Gotta confess, I never could get comfortable in a hot tub, but love the idea of it.

Reactions: clifish
Great looking plate Cliff.

Looks like you'r livin large with the pool and a hot tub.

Gotta confess, I never could get comfortable in a hot tub, but love the idea of it.
Thanks!
It is funny for the first 3 years we had it I almost never used it (kids did) but in the last couple I use it 5 days a week. 101 deg in the winter and dial it back to 97 deg when it gets warmer. The pool will get to 92 deg in middle of the summer (too much sun) and I hate it.

Reactions: one eyed jack
Love doing a double smoked ham (nod to Bearcarver), and love the extra slices and scraps that come with it.

Really impressed with your menu. Everything, and I mean everything, looks delicious!

You are eating good in the neighborhood my friend!! Beautiful meal. We used the last of our reserved ham the other day so it's time for more. Tracy is making a Costco run after church and this will be on the list. Well done sir and kudos to Bonnie for the veggie contributions. You know we love our veggies and I could about make a meal out of what sheput together.

Robert

Great looking meal! The ham and sides both look delicious! Nice looking yard you have as well!

Ryan

Cliff , that's a great meal bud . Take some of the slices and dip them in some warm BBQ sauce . Makes a great sandwich .
Awesome outdoor space too .
I used to use my hot tub all the time . Took away the aches and pains from work . Last few years I had it , was nothing but maintenance . Never even got in it . Took a sawzall to it and threw it in the job dumpster .
You got the setup , but I think you should add a sauna to the mix .

Cliff , that's a great meal bud . Take some of the slices and dip them in some warm BBQ sauce . Makes a great sandwich .
Awesome outdoor space too .
I used to use my hot tub all the time . Took away the aches and pains from work . Last few years I had it , was nothing but maintenance . Never even got in it . Took a sawzall to it and threw it in the job dumpster .
You got the setup , but I think you should add a sauna to the mix .
We have thought about getting one to tell the truth

Good looking cook!

61 degrees?!?! I’d freeze my you-know-what’s off at 80 degrees in the pool. Must be my thinned out desert blood. All in all , looked like a great day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky