Double Smoked Pulled Ham Fauxtato Chowder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks just like I love my chowder--thick and creamy. Gotta make a batch as soon as I get some ham. I'll be making mine with potatoes though--scrawny old man like me sure don't need no keto meals. LOL.
Bad luck with the covid, but glad you're getting over it. I think that sooner or later most everyone's gonna catch this new variant--vaxed or not. All we can hope for is a mild case of it.
Gary

Late for the party but you're aware of where my time has gone recently :emoji_wink:

That looks absolutely amazing Jeff, and the perfect meal for today. It's cold, raining, and windy...just a miserable day. That chowder would hit the spot in a big way. Excellent job my friend.

Robert
Thanks Robert! This is one thst even the non keto folks would love I believe.

I somehow missed this one Jeff. Man that looks good. I still haven't tried the pulled ham yet, but it's on the list.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
I think I going to try to turn this into clam chowder. That base is so good.
100% think it would work. Actually has been on my list too.
I somehow missed this one Jeff. Man that looks good. I still haven't tried the pulled ham yet, but it's on the list.

Point for sure
Chris
This chowder is so good! Pulled ham we really enjoyed. I packed a lot into 2 lbs vacuum packs Got it out all year for sandwiches and stews. This time of year they will have sales on the shank hams again. It’s on my list to do 3 or 4 for the freezer again.

Reactions: gmc2003
I getting ready to try Clam Chowder using this. I been saving the juice from my frozen mussels I get at Aldi. I think it will work good in this. Any suggestions?

Reactions: gmc2003
I getting ready to try Clam Chowder using this. I been saving the juice from my frozen mussels I get at Aldi. I think it will work good in this. Any suggestions?
Should work, can always buy clam juice too. The basic liquid component of this should make an awesome chowder for you.

Should work fine, as long as it's New England Clam chowder and not the Manhattan style.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky