Double Smoked Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Evening fellas and non fellas. Double smoked a ham tonight. We will eat and the rest will be for Thanksgiving. Trying to get ahead of the game as I'm smoking 4 turkey roasts and a couple bone in breasts Thursday for lunch. The roasts are for friends and I'll put them on the slicer. That's for another post though. Started out today with a 9.3lbs spiral ham. Coated the outside with cajun butter
IMG_20201122_182718.jpg

Then a heavy coat of Heath riles pecan rub
IMG_20201122_182700.jpg

Here it is rubbed up
IMG_20201122_135038.jpg

And onto the smoker at 225 using pecan
IMG_20201122_140025.jpg

Mixed the remaining jar of cajun butter with a half cup of brown sugar and a third cup of pecan rub. Basted the ham every 30-45 mins with that. This is 2 hours in
IMG_20201122_155838.jpg

And at 3.5hours
IMG_20201122_164424.jpg

Pulled it at about 4.5 hours
IMG_20201122_182539.jpg

Man this is delicious. The best ham I've ever done and quite frankly the best I've ever had. Gonna be a good supper tonight and an even better Thanksgiving Thursday with the wife and kids

Jake that ham looks off the hook good!! I’d put that up against an overpriced Honeybaked ham any day. That looks so tasty it might not make it to Thanksgiving.
Thanks Jeff. It turned out delicious. We definitely are a good bit of it tonight

Reactions: jcam222
Great Looking Ham, Jake!!
Damn I love a Double Smoked Ham!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks alot Bear. My initial plan was to do it like yours......then my brain got cranked up and this is where it took me lol. Compliment means alot coming from you!

Thanks John lol......hold it back buddy lol

Lol I will try my best.

I've got spiral in the fridge for Thursday as well. Was looking for a glaze actually. My family loves honey baked ham but that place can suck it wanting $80 for a ham. I will see if I can convert them with my $22 ham. Thanks for sharing the step by.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I going to try to make this weekend. When you say basted do you mean just the outside or in-between the slices?
I have a turkey baster with a silicone brush on the end. I just squeezed it over the top and brushed all over. Didn't go in between slices although once the ham starts cooking good the slices naturally spread out some allowing the stuff to get in-between the slices some

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky