Double Smoked Ham Sams (3 Ways)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Double Smoked Ham Sams (3 Ways)

I still got a couple packs of Double Smoked Ham Slices in my Meat Freezer, so I’m going to use some here, during this Pandemic.

It will be a lot easier to just put the making of each Sammy in the captions above each Picture (Below).

Before we start, here’s some of the Double Smoked Hams I’ve Smoked:
Double Smoked Hams Times 4
Double Smoked Ham Twins
Double Smoked Ham
Double Smoked Spiral Sliced Ham

Please enjoy the Pics & Captions Below:

Bear

1st Night's Sammy: Horseradish Sauce on a Steak Roll with Ham Slices:
IMG_4913.jpg

American Cheese to finish Sammy, and some Ham Trimmings on the side. This Sammy is eaten Cold:
IMG_4914.jpg

2nd Night's Sammy: Some of Jeff's BBQ Sauce on Steak Roll:
IMG_4917.jpg

Then some Ham Slices & American Cheese:
IMG_4918.jpg

Nuked it for about a Minute to Warm Sammy & Melt the Cheese:
IMG_4919.jpg

3rd Night's Sammy: "Kelchner's" Horse-Radish (Local) on both sides of Steak Roll:
IMG_4920.jpg

Then Yellow Mustard:
IMG_4921.jpg

Then Ham slices on both sides:
IMG_4922.jpg

Then American Cheese on top. This Sammy to be eaten with a Fork:

IMG_4923.jpg

Nuke to Warm Sammy & Melt Cheese. Finish Open-Face with Pickle Chips on the side:
IMG_4924.jpg

Been wishing I had a ham to double smoke . Looks great , got my mouth watering . I might have a small section of homemade .
The grated horseradish stings my nose just lookin at the picture . Good stuff .
Nice meals .

I just checked your posts for double-smoking one Bear, looks good and I'm going to give it a shot soon. I smoked a couple of wild hog hams from raw before, the ones from sows came out a like nicer than the ones from boar hogs. I like the clothes pins for the probe wires, I'll use that trick! RAY

Looks awesome Bear! I'll be eating those sandwiches in over a week. Not traveling to Quakertown for Easter...but got a ham for the wife and I.

I buy the Kelchner's horseradish good stuff and you support a local business.

Like!

Looks awesome Bear! I'll be eating those sandwiches in over a week. Not traveling to Quakertown for Easter...but got a ham for the wife and I.

I buy the Kelchner's horseradish good stuff and you support a local business.

Like!

Thank You Joe!!
I didn't know you normally go to Quakertown at Easter, or maybe I forgot.
That Kelchners is Great stuff. Been eating that for 60 years!!
They used to make it in Dublin, along Rt 313, between Quakertown & Doylestown.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

My Kind Of Sandwich Looks Great

Gary

Thank You Joe!!
I didn't know you normally go to Quakertown at Easter, or maybe I forgot.
That Kelchners is Great stuff. Been eating that for 60 years!!
They used to make it in Dublin, along Rt 313, between Quakertown & Doylestown.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

We usually go to my wife's grandparents house for bigger holidays. Technically it's Spinnerstown off the PA turnpike Quakertown exit. Their house is about 10 minutes away on E Mill Hill Rd.

We usually go to my wife's grandparents house for bigger holidays. Technically it's Spinnerstown off the PA turnpike Quakertown exit. Their house is about 10 minutes away on E Mill Hill Rd.

I lived on Heiter Road, first road down from Spinnerstown Hotel, for 10 years.
I built the Spinnerstown Hotel Bar, both Kitchens, the waitress stations, and the owner's Bar in his cabin at Lake Wallenpaupack. That was my hangout in the 80s & 90s.

Bear

ya had some good looking sammies there bear, we get that kelcheners up here to, it's pretty good stuff.

Been wishing I had a ham to double smoke . Looks great , got my mouth watering . I might have a small section of homemade .
The grated horseradish stings my nose just lookin at the picture . Good stuff .
Nice meals .

Thank You Rich!!
Yup---That Kelchner's can clean your sinus out real quick!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I did Bear's 'double smoked ham' recipe lat Easter and was a damn rock star. Thank you!
Not sure what this year brings, as we are working on plans. Regardless, it is on the menu.

A double smoked grilled ham and swiss sounds good Bear.

Point for sure
Chris

I just checked your posts for double-smoking one Bear, looks good and I'm going to give it a shot soon. I smoked a couple of wild hog hams from raw before, the ones from sows came out a like nicer than the ones from boar hogs. I like the clothes pins for the probe wires, I'll use that trick! RAY

Thank You Ray!!
If you follow one of my Double Smoked Ham Step by Steps, you'll never find a cheaper or easier to make Ham. And probably the best tasting Ham you ever had, short of one of the expensive "Country" Hams.
LOL----When I was using my old Stainless Steel MES, I used to use electrical tape to position the Therm cables, but this MES with the Black exterior won't allow the tape to stick, so I tried the clothes pins, and they work Great!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

There you sure that waist line is not expanding?

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
I'll have you know I'm still dropping.
Down to 225.5 lbs------That's another 7 year low.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I did Bear's 'double smoked ham' recipe lat Easter and was a damn rock star. Thank you!
Not sure what this year brings, as we are working on plans. Regardless, it is on the menu.

Thank You Watson!!
Glad to hear you're enjoying that Double Smoked Ham!!
We've been eating it for Decades, and I only started making my own about 8 or 9 years ago.
We absolutely love it !!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky