Double smoke?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hillbilly jim

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Floyd, VA
I've seen it mentioned a few times that an AMNPS can be lit at both ends for double smoke production. Could I get some examples of what that might be used for?

Thanks, guys!

Jim

Double light for Heavy Smoke on Bacon or Quick Smoking delicate foods like Shrimp and thin Fish Fillets...JJ

Thank you, Sir!

Do I correctly assume that double smoke is not desirable for several hours?
It depends on how smokey you like your food.

Some like just a light taste of smoke & some smokeaholics like me like a lot of smoke flavor.

I suggest you try it both ways & decide for yourself.

Al

I've seen it mentioned a few times that an AMNPS can be lit at both ends for double smoke production. Could I get some examples of what that might be used for?

Thanks, guys!

Jim
I like more Smoke Flavor than most people, but that would be many hours of light smoke---Never Heavy (Thick) Smoke.

I lit both ends on my AMNPS one time, and the Smoke got too heavy, so I put the one end out.

Bear

I go for both. Depending on what I am cooking. somethings I perfer a light smoke on food as it doesn't overpower the other spices being used. Other times like PP or Brisket I go for a long heavy smoke. Just lighting one side does me as them two take a long time anyway in the smoker. I've had both ends going at once. Yeah it does throw a lot of smoke.
Rob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky