Double Decker Bacon CHEESE Burger Quesadilla (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
WOW! That looks amazing. Love the fusion of mex/american. Hopefully the weather and my work schedule is gonna be co-operative for a while. I got some great looking steaks in the freezer that are crying out for some love on the grill.
Jim

I'd say it looks delicious! A great meal for any time of the day!

Ryan

Oh man Robert what a meal! I was going to ask how you flipped that thing. Tracy needs to go out of town more often..lol another bookmark.

Last edited:
Oh man! All those cheeses!!! That had to be delicious!!!

Thanks Travis. I figured that if Jeff ( jcam222 jcam222 ) can put 27 different cheeses on a grilled cheese sandwich I can certainly put 4 on a quesadilla :emoji_laughing:

I might have to make myself a big cheesy burger for dinner tonight

Well?

Wow that looks delicious, and I can't stop thinking of variations.

Interesting you say this. As I was putting it together that same thought crossed my mind several times. I'd imagine the possibilities are endless.

It’s something I’d eat eat to much of haha!

Thanks so much Jeff and yes, I did eat too much of it. Was kinda over stuffed when I finally threw in the towel.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Sowsage and jcam222
Burger, bacon, 4 different types of cheese, torts, sour cream, and fresh pico, sign me up! Another fine piece of work Robert

Very much appreciate it my friend. Your cheese burgers, which are world famous, were somewhat an inspiration for this one. I fell a bit short but it was a gallant effort.

Wow great looking deal there Robert.

Thank you Warren. It didn't look nearly as good as it tasted though :emoji_wink:

That looks fantastic . I've had them with a patty , but I think the ground beef makes it better .

Thanks so much Chop. Back in the day when we used to go out to eat once in a while one of the chain restaurants made a quesadilla burger and that's what Tracy always got. This is kind of a spoof on their version, just a lot better.

Robert

Reactions: chopsaw
Robert, your threads and ideas never cease to amaze! Very well thought out plan and executed to perfection! Well done my friend!

BTW, I am adoptable and mostly housebroken! 😉 Just sayin!

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
I think you are trying to give Travis a run for his money!
:emoji_wink:

Nah, could never happen buddy. See....what I made for two people Travis would devour bu himself...or at least give it one heck of a try.

Going to have to add this one to my loooong list of things to attempt :)

Thank you very much but it sounds like you need to get busy shortening that list

Nice job Robert. Just well thought out and executed, out of bounds burger. Looks super delicious.

I very much appreciate it. The "well thought out" aspect is a bit of a stretch though. 3 minutes of thought and I was defrosting meat with no real clue how I was gonna build this thing.

Robert

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Looks Outstanding, Robert!!
Yummm!!
Nice Job!

Thank you Bear. I appreciate it sir.

Robert, pull up another chair, I'll be there shortly...Looks GREAT!!!

Got lots of chairs Charles and you're always welcome to fill one up...or bring the whole family and fill all of them :emoji_laughing:

Nice job Robert. I could tear one of those up!

Thanks Jake. You might tear it up but doubtful you'd eat it all. That thing was enormous!!

Robert

Good job Robert. Can't go wrong with bacon and beef and bacon and cheese and bacon and...

Thank you Rob. Just for clarification, do I detect a note of bacon in your reply :emoji_laughing:

That's what I call a great meal. Nice job.

Thanks so much. We were happy with it and plan to do it again soon....maybe even a slightly different adaptation of it.

That looks fantastic. Great job

Very much appreciate it. It looked OK but it tasted great.

Robert

I'd take a half for sure leave off the sour cream got any diet pepsi to wash it down

Well Jerry, we can easily leave off the sour bream but sorry, no diet Pepsi. I don't do anything diet at all and Tracy only does diet Coke. Give me a few minutes notice though and I'll run to the store and grab you some.

That looks so awesome! I love how you put that concept together into a beautiful dish! Oh man, I can see how that didn’t last long🤣 Amazing as always Robert! I’ll put this on the list too!!!!

Thank you Jed. The creativity lacks compared to a lot of your recent threads but it was a fun meal to do. I kinda had a feeling when I was posting this that you might take a shining to this and come up with something fun on your end.

I could see myself in a slight food coma on that.

Hmmmm...let's think about that. If you can "see yourself" that means you're not in a deep enough coma. Need to eat more :emoji_laughing: Thank you for the kind words though.

Robert

Last edited:
All the bacon, plus the cheesees, how could you go wrong? I would destroy it!

You are absolutely correct....all the cheese. First thought was just the cheddar then remembered Jeff's insane grilled cheese sandwich. That's when I pulled out all the stops.

I got some great looking steaks in the freezer that are crying out for some love on the grill.
Jim

Woo hoo Jim!! Can't wait to see what you do with those :emoji_wink:

That had to be crazy good Robert! Like!

Thanks so much Steve, and yes, it was pretty darned good. Good enough that it will be made again. Next time I might add some grilled onions though.

Robert

That! My friend is the most beautiful monstrosity I have seen in recent times.

I'll bet it was delicious too!

Thanks so much John. That is some very high praise and I truly appreciate it.

I'd say it looks delicious! A great meal for any time of the day!

Looked good but tasted even better!! Agree with the any time of day" also, especially being that during the week I eat lunch at 8:00 in the morning so this would work great.

Oh man Robert what a meal! I was going to ask how you flipped that thing. Tracy needs to go out of town more often..lol another bookmark.

Well Cliff....time for me to come belly up to the bar. In all honesty, figuring out how t flip it without the thing going to pieces was my biggest dilemma. The 2 bread racks worked great and I had no mishaps.

Robert

Reactions: clifish
Looks fantastic and very creative!

Thank you KC. I appreciate it sir.

Robert, your threads and ideas never cease to amaze! Very well thought out plan and executed to perfection! Well done my friend!

Thannks Justin but hanging out here really helps get the creative cogs turning. This one really wasn't overly difficult, just a different approach.

BTW, I am adoptable and mostly housebroken! 😉 Just sayin!

We have a doggy door so you can easily get out to the back yard so no issues there. BTW, will we get to write you off on our taxes? Maybe a child tax credit? Not sure that you would qualify as a charitable deduction but who knows....:emoji_laughing:

Robert

Thank you Rob. Just for clarification, do I detect a note of bacon in your reply :emoji_laughing:

Thanks so much. We were happy with it and plan to do it again soon....maybe even a slightly different adaptation of it.

Very much appreciate it. It looked OK but it tasted great.

Robert

Robert, I love bacon, but my cardiologist limits me on bacon intake and serval other good tasting dishes.

Rob

Sounds to me like you need to get a new cardiologist :emoji_laughing: That one is kind of a bummer.

Robert

I agree Robert. He is always on my case, but he is watching out for me. I understand buck board bacon is better health wise than belly bacon and more tasty than Canadian bacon. I may have to try that.

Rob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky