Don't think I've ever intro'd myself

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

prplptcrzr2003

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 9, 2005
Georgia
Hello everyone,

I was just going through all the posts here and didn't see one from me, so I thought I'd just go ahead and say 'hey' to you all and tell you a little about myself.

I am originally from Brooklyn, N.Y. - born and raised until I graduated junior high school. Then I lived in Puerto Rico for about 5 years where I have watched and learned from some of the pros who roast whole pigs on a pit, moved back to NY and then ended up in Georgia where I now reside, along with my beautiful wife and our 2 awesome boys (ages 13 and 15).

I have loved grilled food ever since I could remember - I just love the taste of smoked food! When I moved to Georgia, I discovered a whole new world of barbeque and from there, I started messing around with recipes and such. But it wasn't until I bought a Brinkman smoker a few years ago that I started really smoking meats using different woods. Some of my co-workers who had apple, peach and other fruit trees on their properties would bring me chunks and limbs for me to take home and in return I would bring sample of my creations to share at lunchtime.

Now I am proud to say that I am a member of the coolest forum on the web (this one!) and I am learning more and more about this wonderful art form while my friends and family (even myself) are enjoying the benefits!

It is my absolute pleasure to share and swap recipes with you all and I may even have a tip or two every now and then. I thank Jeff and the other moderators for their efforts in making this such an awesome forum.

Warmest regards,

Sam Rivera (prplptcrzr2003)

'Hey' back to you Sam!! :P Thanks for the intro-and we're glad to have you as part of the Smoking Meat Forum family.

I have enjoyed your posts and I'm looking forward to your continued contributions to SMF.

Thanks Cajun and Joe. By all means, everybody please call me Sam if it's easier. Prpl is cool too.
I love this forum cuz you guys keep me inspired to experiment with recipes and techniques, and best of all, I just love to eat the stuff!

Yeah, we can be an inspirational bunch at times. :P

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky