Don't burn your Weiner.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Buckeyedude

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 5, 2018
I wasn't sure which forum to put this in since they are mainly hotdogs and I'm not sure which "meat" category they fall under.....if any lol! Buuuut, anyway, I did up some "hotdog burnt ends" today. I mixed it up with sausage breakfast links and cheddar links along with the beef franks.
Started by costing in a mustard and mayo mix, dusting of some great rub and placing them in the Camp chefs top two racks for about an hour. 225 on high smoke. Pulled them, cut into 1.5"pieces, used the rest of my mayo/ mustard mix, along with bbq sauce, brown sugar and a few pats of butter. Continuing stirring while making some hand cut fries in the deep fryer. Caramelization meant it's time to pull it! Very tasty! Definitely going to be made some time as an appetizer on game day or whatnot!
IMG_20220709_172834170.jpg
IMG_20220709_182109093.jpg

IMG_20220709_182439825.jpg

IMG_20220709_201940767.jpg
IMG_20220709_193330050.jpg

I'm not sure either...but maybe the makings for chili dogs then heck yes!

Ryan

I just did this for the first time a few days ago. My neighbors loved and so did my family. Mine was a bit sweet as I added to much brown sugar. they did have a awesome char though. Next time I’ll really do some different things. Make some spicy for sure, less sugar and just about whatever else you can imagine just go for it. Good little appetizer with so much minimal work is good when busy.

Reactions: Buckeyedude
I just did this for the first time a few days ago. My neighbors loved and so did my family. Mine was a bit sweet as I added to much brown sugar. they did have a awesome char though. Next time I’ll really do some different things. Make some spicy for sure, less sugar and just about whatever else you can imagine just go for it. Good little appetizer with so much minimal work is good when busy.
Definitely doing again this fall! Im already planning for some heat in the next batch !

To each his own lol! They turned out great! Definitely making again this fall!
I had to try them out since it's all the rage right now! Everywhere I look people are talking about hot dog burnt ends! Hell, there is a video in my feed as I type this showing how to make them lol!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky