Doing a big sirloin roast!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wlkwichita

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Wichita Kansas
 I picked up this bad boy at Sams. injected with beef broth, Dales, some fresh pressed garlic, and a bit of onion powder.

Rubbed a little EVOO on the roast, and seasoned it with garlic salt, coarse pepper, and a light sprinkle of Traeger Prime Rib Rub.

I am smoking over a mix of apple and pecan. I plan to take it to 140-145 and then cooler it for a while. I will only slice what we eat tonight. The remainder will go in the fridge to be thin sliced tomorrow.

I will not insert the meat probe until about the five hour point.

f59dabc8_sirloinroast8-20-2010.jpg

5c8b0612_sirloinroastinjectedandrubbed8-20-2010.jpg

I saw some of those when we were at Sam's yesterday.  sure lookes good!  Look forward to the final.

Yummy!!!!  I sliced it thick, like prime rib. Oh yeah :) It was very juicy and tender.

My wife told me to pick up some top quality hoagie buns because she sees Sammies in our immediate future.

I only sliced what we ate tonight. The rest is in the fridge, and I will thin slice it tomorrow. (If I can keep my fingers out of it tonight!!)

6b6aeb10_Slicedsirloin8-21-2010.jpg

ada10d5d_sirloingoodness8-21-2010.jpg

Last edited:
It looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That's a fine looking roast!  I could also see French Dip sandwiches there.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

If you stayed away from that last night, you have more will power than I do!

A slice of that would also look good laying next to two or three eggs in the morning!

Bear

what a great looking hunk o' meat

It's meat like this that convinces me vegitarian is a bad,bad word!

Wow - that sure turned out great.  I would eat a big slice for that anytime!!

If you end up with some scraps - add it to some taters and onions and you will have some of the best "hash" you ever ate

This cut was called "Beef Loin Top Boneless Sirloin Butt" . It had a fat cap and some marbling. I had never heard of that cut, but the dude at Sams says they have them all the time.

I smoked it at 230-240 for about 6 1/2 hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky