Doing a big sirloin roast!!!!

Discussion in 'Beef' started by wlkwichita, Aug 21, 2010.

1.  I picked up this bad boy at Sams. injected with beef broth, Dales, some fresh pressed garlic, and a bit of onion powder.

Rubbed a little EVOO on the roast, and seasoned it with garlic salt, coarse pepper, and a light sprinkle of Traeger Prime Rib Rub.

I am smoking over a mix of apple and pecan. I plan to take it to 140-145 and then cooler it for a while. I will only slice what we eat tonight. The remainder will go in the fridge to be thin sliced tomorrow.

I will not insert the meat probe until about the five hour point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fourthwind

fourthwind Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I saw some of those when we were at Sam's yesterday.  sure lookes good!  Look forward to the final.

3. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Oh boy, I gotta stay tuned on this one!

Bear

4. Internal temp is 141, not "quite" time to pull. Enough time for me to have another icy malted beverage :)

[​IMG]

5. Yummy!!!!  I sliced it thick, like prime rib. Oh yeah :) It was very juicy and tender.

My wife told me to pick up some top quality hoagie buns because she sees Sammies in our immediate future.

I only sliced what we ate tonight. The rest is in the fridge, and I will thin slice it tomorrow. (If I can keep my fingers out of it tonight!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  6. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

It looks awesome [​IMG]

7. tom37

tom37 Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW, thats the bomb man. Honestly tho its making my brisket look like dog food. LOL

8. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That's a fine looking roast!  I could also see French Dip sandwiches there. [​IMG]

9. bearcarver

If you stayed away from that last night, you have more will power than I do!

A slice of that would also look good laying next to two or three eggs in the morning!

Bear

10. dave54

dave54 Smoking Fanatic

what a great looking hunk o' meat

It's meat like this that convinces me vegitarian is a bad,bad word!

11. bearcarver

I love vegetarians. The more of them there are, the more meat there is for us!

Bear

12. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

It's what's for dinner! exellent!

13. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That looks so very good

14. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Now that looks awesome! [​IMG]   Horseradish comes to mind.

15. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Wow - that sure turned out great.  I would eat a big slice for that anytime!!

If you end up with some scraps - add it to some taters and onions and you will have some of the best "hash" you ever ate

16. What temp did you smoke this at? I had always heard that low and slow was not good for very lean pieces of meat, but that looks tender and juicy.

17. This cut was called "Beef Loin Top Boneless Sirloin Butt" . It had a fat cap and some marbling. I had never heard of that cut, but the dude at Sams says they have them all the time.

I smoked it at 230-240 for about 6 1/2 hours.

18. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

All I can say is

Thank the man (up above) for this