Doggies! (Nice & Hot)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
looks good, must be the time of year, i have been eating a lot of dogs myself lately, I am not a big horseradish guy, but spicy brown mustard and a pile of coleslaw on top of the dog... that good summer time eats to me! I about crapped though when I saw how much natural casing dogs have gone up in our grocery store, basically $1 for each link, looks like its time for me to learn to make my own.

for those that make their own, how necessary is the emulsification vs just a couple passes through a fine grind plate? would a guy benefit from maybe just emulsifying half the meat for a blended texture or would that leave a weird mouth feel?

Bear,
Good looking. I am with you with Horseradish, my mom used to grow it and make homemade, most of the prepared stuff I don't care for and if it is creamy don't call it horseradish, that is horseradish flavored sauce.... I mix it in with my eggs and omelets as well!

- Jason

Thank You Jason!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice job bear!! Ya just can't go wrong with a good dog...as long as there's no ketchup on it :emoji_laughing: Never thought about dogs for breakfast but this has the cogs turning buddy. Got a couple left from dinner a few days ago and might just incorporate them into breakfast this morning when Tracy gets home from church.

Robert
Thank You Robert !!
I think I used ketchup on Dogs until I was about 6 years old.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks delicious John. I've never thought of mixing Dogs with eggs. Gotta give it a try. Another excellent job.

Thank You Mike!!
I do the same with Bacon, Spam, Steak, Pork, Sausage (Smoked & Fresh).
It's all Great !!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

One of my mothers favorite meals was a hot dog in a roll with mustard and relish. She used to have a list of all of her favorite stands around the street. Hot dogs always have a place on my grill!
Thank You!!
Yup---Always room for a couple Dogs!!
I used to do a lot of jobs in North Jersey, and I had a map with all the WaWa stores marked, because they had the best Hot Dogs!

Bear

Nice looking cook John, top those weenies and eggs with some hot sauce and ummmmm ummmm

Point for sure
Chris

looks good, must be the time of year, i have been eating a lot of dogs myself lately, I am not a big horseradish guy, but spicy brown mustard and a pile of coleslaw on top of the dog... that good summer time eats to me! I about crapped though when I saw how much natural casing dogs have gone up in our grocery store, basically $1 for each link, looks like its time for me to learn to make my own.

for those that make their own, how necessary is the emulsification vs just a couple passes through a fine grind plate? would a guy benefit from maybe just emulsifying half the meat for a blended texture or would that leave a weird mouth feel?

Thank You Jimmy !!
As for questions on making Dogs from Scratch, I would check with DanMcG DanMcG
He Stuffs Nice Doggies!

Bear

Chopped up hot dogs go good in a cold pasta salad too.

Thank You Bill !
Mrs Bear would like that, but I never cared for cold pasta, and I've loved my Dogs Hot ever since I got in trouble for it:
I've told this story before, about when I got caught when I was so small I had to push a chair over to the stove, so I could stand on it to hold a Hot Dog over the Gas flame with a big wood handled fork. It was just about done, when Mom came around the corner & caught me!!! Ouch--Ow--Oh--Ouch!!!!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky