Does anyone here own one of these?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg b

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Indiana
Saw this at the local Sam's Club. Looks like a good deal at $279, thought I'd ask if they were any good first.

It's a Smoke Hollow 40" LP fired beast of a smoker. I drooled a little when I looked at it.

I bought one this summer and have had good luck with it. It's my first smoker so I don't have anything to compare it to, but from what I've learned on here, it has a fairly wide temperature range. It works well as equipped, however I placed t on wheels for mobility, built a cold smoke generater for it, im working on a low-temp electric conversion for jerky and such, I will be insulating it this weekend, and am also going to attempt a natural gas conversion, as it IS a bit of a profane hog given its size...

The window is nice because you can watch your progress and potential flare ups, but it's a PITA to keep clean.

The racks all work well for the intended purposes, although I prefer to use about six paver bricks above the chip pans in place if the water pan. It holds the heat better that way. The twin burner set up is nice because you can load both chip pans but burn one at a time. Even with one burner, temps will be up around 230-250. With both burners on it is capable of 400° minus the water pan or a lot of cold meat, but I've made pizza in it with good results. I've had as much as three butts and six chickens in it too! I've hung 20 lbs of snack sticks from the sausage carousel at once. It's been up to every task I've given it. I have no complaints, especially at that price. Build quality is comparable to many other smokers of this style. Could be better, thicker steel, but it does the job. DEFINITELY recommend putting it on wheels if you ever intend to move it around though.

Thanks for the info. I have a 30" MES analog, and do a lot on my Kingsford box grill, but have never used propane to smoke. May have to pull the trigger and pick up one these!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky