Do you know what Texas Tree this is?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

PelletsR4Nancies

Original poster
Sep 20, 2021
I was recently given some wood off of one of our land clearing sites. I never got to see the tree itself, or the leaves, before it was cut up. The guy said he was pretty sure it was a pecan but this bark is kind of peculiar. Almost looks pine-like but I know it isnt. I live in Southeast Texas. Photo is attached

Attachments

• 20210920_170058.jpg
    20210920_170058.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 102
Welcome Home, looks like pine from here but not familiar with the tree's down there

I was recently given some wood off of one of our land clearing sites. I never got to see the tree itself, or the leaves, before it was cut up. The guy said he was pretty sure it was a pecan but this bark is kind of peculiar. Almost looks pine-like but I know it isnt. I live in Southeast Texas. Photo is attached
welcome to SMF. Nice choice on username. Can you split the wood so we can see the grain? What are you smoking with?

Reactions: PelletsR4Nancies
Willow Oak was another one I was thinking is possible. Just so hard without the leaves and such. Thanks for all y'alls help

It doesn't have typical oak grain. More like pecan or hickory but I'm still not sure it's either one of them. Hard to make a determination from a two dimensional photo w/o some leaves to help.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky