Do you clean your smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Try tearing heavy duty foil into strips and lining the bottom of your smoker around the burner. Heavy duty foil will last longer than the cheaper thinner stuff. After several smokes I'll replace the foil. I use a disposable aluminum water pan and replace after each smoke. After I empty the smoker of meat I place the racks in a sink full of hot soapy water. Let soak for a few minutes, clean up is a breeze with just a sponge and a scrub pad.

Reactions: JC in GB
Outside of dumping the ash and brushing the grates. The only other time I clean is if I see hangers on the underside of the lid.

Chris

I have a WSM, so I have very little cleaning to do.

I now use Harry Soo's "black belt" trick with the water pan. Cover it in heavy duty foil before putting it in the smoker. Makes clean up sooooo much easier!

And that's all I do, which totally appeals to my lazy attitude.

That's a great idea. I have a vertical smoker so a big water pan but still.......

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky