DIY electric smoker build questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looking good... I'm still working on mine... All wood cabinet, 220v, oven heating element, using a Auber Dual Probe PID Controller for Smoker, Oven (SMD-200A), which is 2 years old... because Auber is up to a SMD-200C... lol. I used two layers of ceramic tile to make the "pit". I really need to start a thread... since I do have a few pics. Anyway.. here is a "in progress" pic of the "floor"..View attachment 685263

Looks good!
Aren't you worried the tiles might crack with the heat element right next to them?

Nice looking side rails. I'm guessing you do some wood working.
They look like a hole-saw and table saw were used to make them.

Looks good!
Aren't you worried the tiles might crack with the heat element right next to them?

Nice looking side rails. I'm guessing you do some wood working.
They look like a hole-saw and table saw were used to make them.
Naa... don't think so, but if it does.. lol I do have a few of those double layered Cookie sheets... I could trim one to fit or pour in an inch of sand... shop vac it out when it gets to dirty... LOL For the rails... yes, used a spade drill to make a row of holes then cut it half on the table saw...

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky