Discolored near the bone Butt ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Now that's funny! 1894, you in to CAS (cowboy action shooting)? Not much of a consolation, but points to ya, them butts looked perfectly cooked!

Thank you all
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I have seen some discoloring before , this was just the most I had ever seen. The pans have been on my porch since yesterday so I'll package it all up today.
cool.gif

And for those that said " toss it " , I don't think you guys gave bad advice , not being here to smell and taste in real life it is good to err on the side of caution . Thanks to you guys as well
icon_smile.gif

RSands , Never tried CAS but it sounds like a ton of fun
biggrin.gif
Wish I could afford to burn up that much ammo in a weekend !!!

I have had the discoloration on butts before. I'm picky so I just tossed out the discolored parts and ate the rest. I'm still alive. :)

I'm going with the marrow leaked out brigade.
Those trays of pulled pork look perfect.
Eat em up and if you get ill we can all blame bubba :-)
After all if he doesn't know what he's talking about - what hope have the rest of us got ? lol

Thanks QA , I've seen the same thing from frozen chicken as well. Just felt the need to tap into the great resource of SMF .

Re : Bubba and his advice , my wife is pretty good with digging info from the innernet. If for some reason I'm sick with food poisoning and she has to drive my Mom down to fla this year , good chance Bubba will have some company
PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif
Oh and my wifes the photographer of the fammily , so there will be proof that it really happened
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Great looking smoke there!! I've gotten that around ham bones before too, not ones that are homemeade, but store bought ones. That might be from the cure though.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky