Disaster Relief Dinner: Blackened Filet Mignon (Lotsa Pics @ Lotsa Dialog)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Robert I know about having to stare at the mess all over the property I do it everyday as I haven't gotten ours to where I want it.
I don't envy you Jerry. With all the property you have, it could be a never ending task you have on your hands.
I just bought a Kubota myself however it is slightly larger lol
I've had mine about 6 years now and absolutely love it. We've done more with that tractor than we would have ever done without it and it's been bullet proof. Being that you have a lot more property to deal with, I can absolutely see the need for a larger unit. We have 4 acres so this one is fine for what we need. I got it with the 1/2 yard loader bucket and the 54" mid-mount EZ Over mower deck. Then of course we added the chipper. Lots of attachments available for those tractors.

Robert

Warren, if you were to ever show up at our house, there's no way I'd make you work for your meal. It'd be an honor cooking something nice while you and Tracy chatted and fell in love with each other

Robert

Really that's better than my dad did. :emoji_laughing:
By the way we started work on my smoker this past weekend.

That's a rather toothsome meal after a hard days work. :emoji_wink:
As sad as it is to admit ladies and gentlemen, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not 25 and bullet proof any more.
Heh, I hear ya. My injuries from years past are really catching up to me of late. Part of getting older, beats the alternative!

Steaks and plate look beautiful as usual Robert! Glad to hear you are getting things back in order after the storm. It was a doozy and the whole area is still a mess. Here's to hoping for a calm spring storm season, my trees can't take much more

I've had mine about 6 years now and absolutely love it. We've done more with that tractor than we would have ever done without it and it's been bullet proof. Being that you have a lot more property to deal with, I can absolutely see the need for a larger unit. We have 4 acres so this one is fine for what we need. I got it with the 1/2 yard loader bucket and the 54" mid-mount EZ Over mower deck. Then of course we added the chipper. Lots of attachments available for those tractors.

Robert
They sure do make a lot of attachments for them. I have a bunch of them. They also make a good number of attachments for the front of a skid steer and I'm getting a good collection of those as well. I ended up buying an M5-091 tractor it's a little bigger than what I wanted but was a good deal I couldn't pass on. I didn't get a loader since my New Holland has one as well as having the skid steer.

Sorry for the late comment, but absolutely gorgeous plate and a very well deserved respite Robert! I don’t envy the cleanup, but would be more than happy to lend my less than bullet proof body to the effort in exchange for one of those plates!

More power to ya Robert. I think I would have just ordered a pizza or chinese take out after a day like you experienced. All that work and you still nailed the steak and fix'ins.

Point for sure
Chris

Hi Robert , been away and trying to catch up on old posts from the last 3 weeks.

I will start with , the onions are a great addition to many meals and I also think they add alot to most meals..... not cake though.
Just a fantastic plate, I am starting to come over to the rare and med rare on my steaks roasts. While away I had a rare steak and the flavour was great and tender... so I trying

Now for the yard clean up, you and Tracy are doing a great job, BUT I can come down and talk with a funny accent and only charge you $ 41,539.82 for the clean up
Let me know , lol

David

Really that's better than my dad did.
Wasn't trying to outdo anybody. Tracy is just really easy to love and I love to cook for friends. Sounded like a perfect afternoon :emoji_wink:
By the way we started work on my smoker this past weekend.
Can't wait to see what you have going on Warren. Got any progress pics yet?

Robert

Heh, I hear ya. My injuries from years past are really catching up to me of late. Part of getting older, beats the alternative!
100% in agreement. My youngest daughter said something a few years ago about she's not gonna get old, wrinkly, and start falling apart like I am. I told her that there's only one alternative to getting old :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: motocrash
Steaks and plate look beautiful as usual Robert! Glad to hear you are getting things back in order after the storm.
Thanks Tyler. We got a decent start on it but still have a LONG way to go.
It was a doozy and the whole area is still a mess.
Oh yes, I'm all over Central Texas every day and the damage is beyond belief....everywhere.
Here's to hoping for a calm spring storm season, my trees can't take much more
Well, we need rain, and a whole lot of it. If we don't get a bunch, I won't be able to take you and the family out on the boat :emoji_wink: We only got out twice last year before the lake dropped to levels I'm just not comfortable with. It can get really dangerous when the water is down this far.

Robert

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
Sorry for the late comment, but absolutely gorgeous plate and a very well deserved respite Robert!
Thanks so much Jed. We felt deserving of it, wrongfully or not. I just call it justification.
Robert! I don’t envy the cleanup, but would be more than happy to lend my less than bullet proof body to the effort in exchange for one of those plates!
No way do we need two lame ducks out there working. You hang out on the sidelines. somebody needs to stay healthy to call the rescue squad. If I survive the day, I'll happily toss a couple extra filets on for you.

Robert

More power to ya Robert.
Thanks Chris.This one is gonna be a handful, that's for sure.
I think I would have just ordered a pizza
Last time we did that, both of us got sick. we felt like we'd drank the Kool Aid at Jonestown, Guyana a number of yearsd ago. you might remember that :emoji_wink:
All that work and you still nailed the steak and fix'ins.
As many steaks as I've cooked I should be able to do them in my sleep...which was pretty much the case this time.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Magically when he calls out the BS and walks through how much work and materials are involved and they're crazy for quoting that price, the price comes down to a more reasonable level...
Yep, that happens. Some people just need to take advantage of others and that's a concept I've always strongly disagreed with. My take on it is that you can do right by somebody a million times but you can only screw them over once.

Robert

Reactions: mcokevin
As another old guy who has always done most of my own work, I definitely feel your aches and pains! It's gettin harder to recover from a day of hard labor
Yep, I'm still gimped up from last weekend. Somehow did damage to an already destroyed left knee and I'm suffering.
my wife laughs at how I walk for a day or 2 after I've worked on the place.
Too funny!! Our wives must be sisters :emoji_laughing:
And I agree 100% about unscrupulous a-holes who try to take advantage of peoples' misery in hard times - despicable gouging, pure and simple!
You sir are absolutely correct. So sad but all too true.

Robert

Reactions: seenred
The amazing part to me (I have difficulty even with good instructions) is your ability to put together the chipper without them
Some of the parts were pretty self explanatory. Some others...not so much. It was a challenge.
and then know how to tinker and get it connected to the tractor
That took some ingenuity. Cutting the slip shaft down so that it'd go back together with no binding up or coming to pieces when the power hit it took a few minutes to figure out.
What's not amazing, your ability to put together a scrumptious dinner! Spot on brother, I'd eat that any day.
I appreciate that Matt but as many steaks as I've cooked, it'd be a travesty to screw these up :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: schlotz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky