Disappointed and need help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I can't say it's not normal, these things have a mind of their own and 2 identical butts can cook very differently in the same conditions. You should definitely check your therms accuracy and/or invest in a remote digital therm. Don't know if you saw this thread started today or not but he has an electric smoker and got the exact opposite results as you at the same (supposed) temps.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/120694/1st-attempt-at-smoking-led-to-butt-troubles

After reading your last post when it got to 165* you foiled it....Then you should continue to cook it to 205*F! If you wrapped in foil and stuck it in the fridge you will end up with 3.5 lbs of Shoe Leather!...JJ

Last edited:
You can check the theromometers accuracy in boiling water. Grate level is where you want to put the probe when smoking. I like the Maverick ET-732 dual probe. It will be the best $59 you ever spent. I would not even light my smoker without it....
grilling_smilie.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky