Disapointed in this injector

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philsey da bear

Original poster
Sep 14, 2013
Dallas, TX.
This is the Outdoor Gourmet 4 oz. Stainless Steel injector available at Academy Sports. Maybe others have had luck but for me it fell apart on first use. I'm going to post Q-view but it's kind of out of focus. Problem. The needle end comes off. This is where the needle holder attaches to the main body. There appear to be threads on the interior reservoir, but there are no threads there the  needle holding assemble attaches. As a result under pressure the needle assemble falls off. This is so basic that unless I am doing something wrong, I would think that EVERYONE would return this.  Here's the Pic.

I'm going to return this, of course. But can anyone recommend an injector a little more rugged than the Outdoor Gourmet?

Looks like that one just missed a step in the machining process. Return it for another one, check before leaving the store and all's good. Mistakes happen even in well reviewed products. Sorry it's a pain to have to go back to the store.

I use the Bayou Classic. It is stainless steel and comes with two different injection needles. It will also hold 2 ounces of seasoning in the main body. Has worked great for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky