Dino ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Only way I get beef ribs that meaty is buying a bone in prime and cutting them myself. But damn tasty when you find them. My favorite side has to be fried okra and very rare out here in the PNW now. Way easier to find back in Georgia :) Point for sure, nice looking meal ma'am!

Reactions: NovaKane09
Great colour on those ribs, looks like you have got them worked out.

Glad I read your cook as I had not heard of okra before, I do now. I will try and seek some out to try.

Okay, I'm that guy, I know I am and I'm down with it so I'll ask what some others have to be thinking.

Why do those beef ribs look like pork, I mean beef is supposed to be a red meat, right?
Looks kind'a funky to me, it doesn't look like beef.
It's kind'a freaking me out, somebody reassure me, please?

As for Okra, I'm all over Okra any way ya fix it.
That Fried Okra looks very tasty... Past the Tabasco, please.
I even like it stewed, all nice and slimy, but with that awesome deep green flavor

Okay, I'm that guy, I know I am and I'm down with it so I'll ask what some others have to be thinking.

Why do those beef ribs look like pork, I mean beef is supposed to be a red meat, right?
Looks kind'a funky to me, it doesn't look like beef.
It's kind'a freaking me out, somebody reassure me, please?

As for Okra, I'm all over Okra any way ya fix it.
That Fried Okra looks very tasty... Past the Tabasco, please.
I even like it stewed, all nice and slimy, but with that awesome deep green flavor

I promise those are beef. I'd be scared to see a pig that big. That's a full size dinner plate that those 4 ribs are on. They're cooked all the way through (but still extremely tender), not rare or mid rare like a steak would be grilled, more like a brisket.
But you're entitled to your opinion.

I'm not dissing your ribs.
But that red meat BEEF is white.

Beef, red meat
4n69LLP.jpg

Can you see the forest for the trees?
Ribs are beef size and the bark appears mouth watering.
Gave up on guessing the rendering of a photo to posting.
We're not food stylists, but some of the posts lead me to wonder

NovaKane sure resembles Poukie or is that a Texas blonde cutie thing?

Can you see the forest for the trees?
Ribs are beef size and the bark appears mouth watering.
Gave up on guessing the rendering of a photo to posting.
We're not food stylists, but some of the posts lead me to wonder

NovaKane sure resembles Poukie or is that a Texas blonde cutie thing?
My bark was a little less appealing than I would have liked. Definitely something I know I need to work on with my ribs and briskets. But thank you!

What temp did you smoke at?
I believe 225°. I usually don't go much higher than that on the Traeger because it has a tendency for temp spikes. The only thing I can nail every time in the Traeger are bacon burnt ends. I feel like once I get more experience with my MES I'll have some better, more consistent results since it maintains temp way better.

"Thanks yall. I was pretty damn pleased with them."

As well you should be!! Those look fantastic. My only take away is I don't know which I'd enjoy more: the ribs or the okra. I guess i'll just have to get some of both :emoji_laughing:

Looking for my platter,
Robert

":emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing: Yep, definitely not a dude."

If that's a dude, I'm changing orientation :emoji_wink:...and I may not have to do all the cooking with what I've seen turned out in this post. Oh wow!! Good looking stuff. I'm going to Costco tomorrow and will be seeking out some of these ribs.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky