digital thermometer and an electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

makalei

Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
I have a 30" MES and I want to use my taylor digital thermometer ,can I just put it down the vent or should I put it through the door like I do on an oven. My question is if I put it through the door won't it mess up the seal on the door.

I dont think the digital thermometer that comes with it is accurate ,it seems to run hot,So using my taylor will solve this problem

thanks michael

I run all my probes down thru the exhaust vent. Once you run your mes and can compare the mes probe  to your digital thruout the smoke you will know how much the mes probe is off and can use it and allow for the difference.

I know my older mes 40"probe is 20 ° off at the start but at the top end it's w/in 3 degrees.

I agree with Eman & Nozzleman. I always use the exhaust vent too.

Just don't forget what you're doing & accidentally close the vent on the cable!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky