• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Difficulty cleaning grates?

superdave

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 13, 2007
Our kitchen sink has never been big enough and my wife has never been crazy about the mess.  I bought this mortar mixing pan and it works great as a cleaning tub. 

dward51

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 24, 2011
Thanks....

I've been wishing I had a larger sink and that will work (and is not too expensive).

joopster

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 30, 2013
I have never washed mine.  They get a quick heat up above the coals and a brush down before slapping the next meat on it.

dward51

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 24, 2011
Yeah, but this is a "multi-tasker" as Alton Brown would say.....

Cleaning grates today, and mixing mortar tomorrow....  (or mixing up potting soil, etc....)

darlene53

Joined Feb 3, 2014
You might already heard about this but I use a cooking spray and in some areas they have special sprays them for grills.

Good Luck

Joined Jan 16, 2014
Why would you clean you grate?

Last weeks cooking always adds to the character of next weeks meal :)

pellet

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 11, 2011
I use a round oil change pan with a pour spout. I can take the dirty water to a dump site and splashing is minimal while transporting

palladini

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 23, 2013
Never clean Masterbuilt racks on the grill, they will rust.  Dishwasher or a good hand wash is the only way to go.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.