different kind of prime this time!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the thought on the points!
icon_smile.gif
The corn was on there for about 45 minutes, turned once, it was very tender, just picked that morning.

The steaks were way big, so each one fed 2-3 people. I wish,I could do these every month. He did mention he had 3 more of them, and was interested in doing the same with them, maybe we'll try the searing thing next time. If I only had that grill on my firebox that I told ya about!
icon_wink.gif

I have thought about a cast iron fry pan over the bottom of the warmer with the baffles open there. I might have to give that a try here soon.

Capt....that is some of the best looking prime I have seen. I read the link on searing and it sounds interesting, however these looked perfect to me and glad nobody wanted them branded! POINTS!

I bet you would have plenty of heat there in the bottom:-) I haven't read the link on that searing method yet, but it sounds interesting. Although, it would be pretty hard to improve on those steaks you did, wish I could have one right now!!!

heheh funny you should mention that steve. I have a small platter of them in a SS sheet pane( actually its like a 10 x 13) and its loaded with leftover PR and 1 burger from yesterday. Its on top of the Weber gasser while the Corn O the Cob is inside getting grilled. This is gonna be the best 15 minute meal I could ever have!

I know what ya are sayin about the carmelization thing. But I may try it and see how it goes, and then slice then down the middle again after that treatment. I really don't want to do anything to that inside part for sure!

And thanks for the points guys.
icon_smile.gif

I sir salute you! Very good and I am very sure tasty. Thanks for the qview.

Maybe you could simply shovel some hot coals on top of the firebox inside your warmer, and just throw a cast iron grill grate in there just below your first warmer shelf? Just an idea, might not be enough clearance with the first shelf? With a hot firebox and hot coals--it would certainly be searing hot!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky