Did I miss something?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Unfortunately, the old SMF style is full of template errors and issues and the code is just sort of messy.. the new styles fix most of those issues right out of the chute.

I am still adjusting the typography.. I can't make it too huge but I have increased it quite a bit from what it was initially and hopefully it's a little more comfortable for most of you.

I appreciate the feedback!

I'll get used to it. I'll admit I know absolutely nothing about what makes a website work. Although the header goes all the way across, there just seems to be a lot of blank space. Maybe it's because I have a wide screen laptop because there are blank spaces to the side in other sites, too, just not as much.
I guess I'm just allergic to surprises :-)

I like the new layout, but miss the little dot showing that there are posts you haven't read yet. Also I noticed that your likes total is being displayed again.

Chris

I like the new layout, but miss the little dot showing that there are posts you haven't read yet. Also I noticed that your likes total is being displayed again.

Chris

Instead of a dot, the titles are bolded when there are new messages that you have not read.

I know there are some knuckleheads in the past that had all of their buddies hitting the like button [insert eye roll here] so they could super-inflate this number but for 99.9% of members, that number is very accurate.

Instead of a dot, the titles are bolded when there are new messages that you have not read.

I know there are some knuckleheads in the past that had all of their buddies hitting the like button [insert eye roll here] so they could super-inflate this number but for 99.9% of members, that number is very accurate.
Thanks, Jeff. I have another question. Is the search function gone forever or am I just not seeing it?

Chris

Thanks, Jeff. I have another question. Is the search function gone forever or am I just not seeing it?

Chris
Chris, not sure if you are on mobile or desktop but mobile seems to be working fine. At the top right, just click on the search icon and you'll see a dropdown like usual.

On desktop, the search bar is working as it should and you can simply type something in and hit "enter" to get results but the search icon is not producing a dropdown like it should. We are working on this.

Chris, not sure if you are on mobile or desktop but mobile seems to be working fine. At the top right, just click on the search icon and you'll see a dropdown like usual.

On desktop, the search bar is working as it should and you can simply type something in and hit "enter" to get results but the search icon is not producing a dropdown like it should. We are working on this.

Jeff I'm on a laptop, and I don't even see the search function. The upper top right side of my screen only shows my avatar with my SMF name, an email(message) icon, and the alerts bell.

Chris

Edit: Cancel that I see it now at the very top of the page. Sorry for any confusion.

Jeff I'm on a laptop, and I don't even see the search function. The upper top right side of my screen only shows my avatar with my SMF name, an email(message) icon, and the alerts bell.

Chris

Edit: Cancel that I see it now at the very top of the page. Sorry for any confusion.
Chris, the header is set to go away when you scroll down to make more room for the content. When you scroll back up you should see the logo and search function re-appear. Can you scroll all the way to the top of the page and see if this happens?

Chris, the header is set to go away when you scroll down to make more room for the content. When you scroll back up you should see the logo and search function re-appear. Can you scroll all the way to the top of the page and see if this happens?
It's there.

Chris

Reactions: TulsaJeff

I hadn't noticed that the "likes" count is back!
Thank you. I don't have a ton of them but I earned them all honestly and take pride in it.
The new format is looking better already....

Reactions: TulsaJeff
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky