Dickey's BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have one here, its not bad.

Big indoor smoker.

We got one here in Ohio. Ditto on the electric smoker. Not sure on how heavy an influence the main
office has on product. Decent pulled pork sandwich on prior visit.
Happened to try lunch here recently . Ribs were tough, over-cooked, too much salty rub.
Only thing good was the fresh french fries. I tossed the half rack and complained.

Will NOT return.

RG

Last edited:
Dickeys bbq is decent at best. I call it fast food bbq cause the quality just never matches up to the bbq joints around here. Kinda like comparing a McDonald double cheeseburger to a burger at your favorite bar. The double cheese burger ain't bad, but it ain't great either.

If I don't have a buy one get one coupon I never feel like I got my money's worth. Id rather pay a little more for a lot better product.

Is any chain really ever worth going to once they start getting big?

I stopped at one while I was traveling about two years ago.  A little over a year ago, they opened one very near where I live.  I haven't ate there based on my previous experience, probably never will.  Most people I talk to aren't impressed.  Not that I'm a fan of Famous Dave's either, but folks around here will drive a half hour to get to Dave's when Dickey's is a few minutes up the road.  Of course, up here in Wisconsin it's not like there is a lot of BBQ.

Fast food BBQ about fits it.  Not bad, but not good either.  Famous Dave's is a lot better and that isn't saying a lot.  I will pick it over McDs or Taco Bell if I am around the one here and am hungry, but I don't think about it when I want to go pick up some BBQ.

I have dined at 2 locations here in Sacramento, and I must say that I am not impressed.

Food wasn't even warm.  M&C not ready when open for business, very wet (soaking) slaw and sausages under-cooked.

Took food back to the counter asked for a refund and went for the free ice cream.

I feel like some kind of "wine snob" now that I cook my own BBQ and have had the chance to eat some even more amazing BBQ from local brethren and my travels about.

I have to admit I'm a fan of dickeys spicy sauce. One thing I really likes at that joint! Lol! Spicy sauce on a pulled pork samich wasn't bad. But I'd leave the rest....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky