Detroit Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

alamar

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 4, 2008
St. Clair Shores, MI
Began delving into doing the Detroit Style Pizza. Here is my first attempt. Dough was from scratch but needed to proof a little longer (30-45 min). Was still great.

BigAl Detroit Style First Atempt.jpg

Nice . Been wanting to try it also . I have some deep pans on the way .
That looks great . Got the edge looking right .

Great looking pizza! Can I claim a corner piece before all the other vultures show up? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks great, and I’m with the Pooch.

When we do Super Bowl parties, we mainly serve food representative of those teams‘ cities ... sometimes expand to the 4 conference finals teams when we have one dog in the bowl. But pizza is hard to come by for a long time (have had NY and Chicago), and probably never going to get to serve this wonderful Detroit version, dammit

Beautiful pizza man :emoji_thumbsup:
I got hooked on Motor City Pizza from Wally World. They are quality ingredient pies, unfortunately they don't seem to have the first one I tried anymore, Cheeseburger.
I cook them @ 525 F in a metal pan I have that they fit tight in. Not homemade but try one, you'll be surprised.

Beautiful pizza man :emoji_thumbsup:
I got hooked on Motor City Pizza from Wally World. They are quality ingredient pies, unfortunately they don't seem to have the first one I tried anymore, Cheeseburger.
I cook them @ 525 F in a metal pan I have that they fit tight in. Not homemade but try one, you'll be surprised.
Their Three Meat sounds awfully good right now ... pig 3 ways, what’s not to like?
we only have a WalMart here of all their outlets, will have to look for it.
Any idea what your pizza/pan dimensions are?

Looks real good. I am from Detroit and never seen those pizza's growing up. I tried making one a while back and could not get myself to put sauce on top. Tasted great though. The dough was kinda of light for thick crust. I liked it.

Their Three Meat sounds awfully good right now ... pig 3 ways, what’s not to like?
we only have a WalMart here of all their outlets, will have to look for it.
Any idea what your pizza/pan dimensions are?
The bacon on the 3 meat is phenomenal smoky.
My pan is a 10" EKCOLOY Silver Beauty (Vintage), it is 9" at the bottom.
They come in a lined cardboard baking tray, but the real pan plus 100 degrees over their instructions bakes them great.

Thanks for all the great comments. I will be making my own sausage and pepperoni for future adventures. The pan is a Lloyds 10x14 which is the standard Detroit Size. Ran about $40 from Amazon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky