• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Detroit Style

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Nice . Been wanting to try it also . I have some deep pans on the way .
That looks great . Got the edge looking right .

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Wow!!
That Looks Awesome!!
Must be Great Pizza in Detroit !!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Great looking pizza! Can I claim a corner piece before all the other vultures show up? :emoji_blush:

Ryan

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice job great looking pie.

Warren

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
AdorableAccurateDotterel-size_restricted.gif

That pizza looks great man. Would love to try out a Detroit style one day. You nailed that!

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
Looks great, and I’m with the Pooch.

When we do Super Bowl parties, we mainly serve food representative of those teams‘ cities ... sometimes expand to the 4 conference finals teams when we have one dog in the bowl. But pizza is hard to come by for a long time (have had NY and Chicago), and probably never going to get to serve this wonderful Detroit version, dammit

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Beautiful pizza man :emoji_thumbsup:
I got hooked on Motor City Pizza from Wally World. They are quality ingredient pies, unfortunately they don't seem to have the first one I tried anymore, Cheeseburger.
I cook them @ 525 F in a metal pan I have that they fit tight in. Not homemade but try one, you'll be surprised.

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
Beautiful pizza man :emoji_thumbsup:
I got hooked on Motor City Pizza from Wally World. They are quality ingredient pies, unfortunately they don't seem to have the first one I tried anymore, Cheeseburger.
I cook them @ 525 F in a metal pan I have that they fit tight in. Not homemade but try one, you'll be surprised.
Their Three Meat sounds awfully good right now ... pig 3 ways, what’s not to like?
we only have a WalMart here of all their outlets, will have to look for it.
Any idea what your pizza/pan dimensions are?

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Looks real good. I am from Detroit and never seen those pizza's growing up. I tried making one a while back and could not get myself to put sauce on top. Tasted great though. The dough was kinda of light for thick crust. I liked it.

bbqbrett

Master of the Pit
Joined Jan 17, 2013
Looks great. I would take any piece...don't have to have to have a corner.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 25, 2017
Their Three Meat sounds awfully good right now ... pig 3 ways, what’s not to like?
we only have a WalMart here of all their outlets, will have to look for it.
Any idea what your pizza/pan dimensions are?
The bacon on the 3 meat is phenomenal smoky.
My pan is a 10" EKCOLOY Silver Beauty (Vintage), it is 9" at the bottom.
They come in a lined cardboard baking tray, but the real pan plus 100 degrees over their instructions bakes them great.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Awesome looking pizza!
That crust on the side looks delicious!
Al

alamar

Smoke Blower
Joined May 4, 2008
Thanks for all the great comments. I will be making my own sausage and pepperoni for future adventures. The pan is a Lloyds 10x14 which is the standard Detroit Size. Ran about $40 from Amazon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.