Definitions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 29, 2006
Peculiar, MO
Anyone considered starting a permanent listing of definitions of terms commonly used on this site (e.g. - fatty) that the newbies might never have been exposed to and could easily access????
Kind of a "Smokers Dictionary".
It could be set up so new terms and definitions would be easily added as they pop up. Course, I'm sure there are those who could run amok with something like this, so some sort of control would have to be in place.
Just a random thought that penetrated the Partheimers. That happens sometimes.

peculiarmike,

This forum has a glossary/encyclopedia feature that I have not set up yet but it sounds like that would be a perfect opportunity.

Maybe everyone can contribute to a list of things that need to be defined and I will add them to the glossary.

Also...

The phpBB forum had an acronym feature that looked for certain words, acronyms, etc. and highlighted them anywhere the words were found. On mouse over it would give a description of the word.

I may be able to install a hack like that for Vbulletin.. will do some looking.
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

I have to say that was a really cool feature, and would almost negate the need for a glossary... Good Luck
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

That sounds super... I remember when I was first reading and wondered the same thing....

Let's start with :

negate

PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

Bill

I'm with mrgrumpy.. I'm just an ol country boy...

Negate: Entrance to the field... Jr. jumped up on negate. Negate is swingin in the wind cuz Jr. didn't shut it.

Is that right???

Yeah I kind of miss that little highlighted link thingy we used to have. I have so may times had to sit and think "now what the heck was a XZY27hike smoker?"

PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

If you have a hard time I could add a glossary to my site if you tell me what we need to put there. Could be fun ...

Naw, ya both got it wrong, it's... Ne> as in the Ne bone conected to the foot bone and Gate> as in the bbq joint in kansas city, put them together and you have the widley known term of negate which of course means barbecued knee.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
icon_eek.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

... BBQ'd Knee.. hmmm, who knew? Thanks tonto for apprising us of the word

Let's start with :

negate

apprising ....... is that what you find in the bottom of a cracker jack box??

Acronyms are working.. the list so far is:

GOSM
BGE
BSKD
SMF
ABT
EVOO
ECB

Let me know if you think of others that need to be added.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
WSM should be on there. I tried to get BCC for beer can chicken on the old site.

Illini had a post, I think in forum related issues, trying to get something for the Masterbuilt since we have a bunch of plug in smokers now. I think it was MES. I'll see if I can find it.

WSM???
PDT_Armataz_01_35.gif
I never claimed to be bashful.

On a more serious note, you didn't get the one for the 5-day eCourse added back either. They gotta be able to find that.

Negate? Apprising? Barbequed knee??????????

See, I told you, it could run amok at any time. Ya gotta watch em. 8)

Beleive me Shell the first time I saw you guys talking about smoking fatties I immediately went searching for what you were talking about. Way back in the day there was another meaning for smoking a fatty.

Or so I've been told.

I'm w/ Shellbell, I think we oughta make have to ask. We did. Besides, it gives us an opportunity to post pix.

Tim

How about one for Refrigerator Smoker? The only reason I ask is because I can never spell it
icon_evil.gif
(mental block I guess)
icon_rolleyes.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky